Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which Enhancement Preset Did I Use?
cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
If I use multiple presets (my creations) on different segments of a video, how do I know which of these I used for each segment later on. The color preset & CLUT is checked for that segment, but there is no check for any of the specific presets. When I go to Color Director, none of my presets is highlighted either, which is what I originally checked to use the preset in the first place.

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cotsy -

The short answer is, you don't.

After applying a LUT or Preset (a tick appears in the interface to show which has been applied), then clicking out of the Fix/Enhance module, there is no indication (when you return) of which one you previously used.

This is unlike manual adjustments in Fix/Enhance, where the sliders are found just as you left them.

And you're right, the same thing occurs when presets are applied via CDR... when you returnn to CDR, there's no indication of which preset had been applied previously. If you apply a LUT via CDR, when you return & click on the LUT colour wheel, the applied LUT is shown.

I can't offer you an answer beyond that. I agree, if you're using multiple presets & LUTs throughout your project it would be very difficult to keep track of.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
While Tony was anwering, I was making a quick video showing just what he described:

While it's possible that this is the intended design of the tool, or maybe it's a limitation like the one that prevents PD from saving custom colo(u)rs, I'm not sure. It could also be that this is a bug, especially since you can see in the video where the checkmark initially reappears on the selected preset and then vanishes.

It might be worth filing a tech support request to get the official answer.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys for your great input. Yea, it would be nice if it it kept track of which preset I used. I also questioned whether a preset that was changed and re-saved would then apply to all the segments that used this preset. From my experiment, it does not, so you apparently have to reapply the latest preset change to all the clips that I forgot used this preset.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks guys for your great input. Yea, it would be nice if it it kept track of which preset I used. I also questioned whether a preset that was changed and re-saved would then apply to all the segments that used this preset. From my experiment, it does not, so you apparently have to reapply the latest preset change to all the clips that I forgot used this preset.

That second part makes sense, since the settings are applied to each clip and are then independent from the source.

For the first part, I do think this is a bug and I think it's worth filing a support ticket. You can visit the support page and follow the instructions. Be sure to copy the URL of this thread in your message, and then reply back here with the ticket number (it will start with CS).

I can also submit the request if you'd prefer not to for any reason.
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
The support ticket is CS002001111. The request is for PD to indicate which preset is used for any particular clip.