Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Footage completely moved out of place.
A Bad Password [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2019 18:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys, I upgraded to 17 earlier this week and I've been working on a video for a couple days now. As I apporach the end of editing I noticed that all of the videos on the timeline have been moved out of place. Essentially what has happened is that if I wanted to, for example, use the 10-15 minute mark of an hour long video in my timeline, the glitch has now swapped it for the 12-17 minute mark. Oddly enough, the thumbnail on the timeline as well as the audio remain the same as it was before.

I've never had a glitch to this magnitutde happen to me on Power Director, does anyone know of a fix that wouldn't require me having to manually fix each and every scene back into its orignal spot ?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hey guys, I upgraded to 17 earlier this week and I've been working on a video for a couple days now. As I apporach the end of editing I noticed that all of the videos on the timeline have been moved out of place. Essentially what has happened is that if I wanted to, for example, use the 10-15 minute mark of an hour long video in my timeline, the glitch has now swapped it for the 12-17 minute mark. Oddly enough, the thumbnail on the timeline as well as the audio remain the same as it was before.

I've never had a glitch to this magnitutde happen to me on Power Director, does anyone know of a fix that wouldn't require me having to manually fix each and every scene back into its orignal spot ?

I'm not sure that I fully understand your issue, but to bring multiple clips in sync simultaneously, hold down your left mouse button on an empty track on the timeline and then slowly move your cursor. You will see a box start to emerge. Extend that box. Every clip that that box touches will be selected. You can then move all of those selected clips at the same time.
A Bad Password [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2019 18:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I'm not sure that I fully understand your issue, but to bring multiple clips in sync simultaneously, hold down your left mouse button on an empty track on the timeline and then slowly move your cursor. You will see a box start to emerge. Extend that box. Every clip that that box touches will be selected. You can then move all of those selected clips at the same time.

Thank you for that tip but that wont really fix my problem. I'll try to explain my issue more cleary. For example, let's say I have a 1 hour recording and wanted to make a seperate video that only includes the first 10 minutes of that 1 hour. Now let's say this glitch once again happened. Now, for whatever reason, the 1-10 minutes worth of footage I wanted to use has now glitched into and become the 5-15 minute markers from the original 1 hour recording. My timeline still has 10 minutes worth of footage, just not the correct footage, furthermore, the audio playing is for the 1-10 minutes and not the new and glitched out 5-15 minutes. There was no extra splicing or adding extra footage, it just did this by itself.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi A Bad Password -

I'm sorry. I'm having real trouble understanding what youve described too. It's obviously an issue of great concern if things are jumping "out of whack" on your timeline without any action by you!

As best as I can from your post, I've replicated the steps you described here BUT I don't get "footage completely moving out of place". It goes where I put it, or where is should go after something else I've done.

If you could post a screen capture, or at least some screenshots, that would help clarify what you're saying.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you for that tip but that wont really fix my problem. I'll try to explain my issue more cleary. For example, let's say I have a 1 hour recording and wanted to make a seperate video that only includes the first 10 minutes of that 1 hour. Now let's say this glitch once again happened. Now, for whatever reason, the 1-10 minutes worth of footage I wanted to use has now glitched into and become the 5-15 minute markers from the original 1 hour recording. My timeline still has 10 minutes worth of footage, just not the correct footage, furthermore, the audio playing is for the 1-10 minutes and not the new and glitched out 5-15 minutes. There was no extra splicing or adding extra footage, it just did this by itself.

Can you explain to us if the audio and video tracks are linked and exactly how you are creating the range to produce?

To produce a section of your project, first move your play head marker to the end of the section that you want to produce. Then, click on the ‘Movie’ button so that you can identify the timecode associated with this end point. Next, you want to create a timeline marker in order to identify this precise end point. Therefore, place your cursor directly over the play head and right click and select ‘Add Timeline Marker’. The timeline marker text box then displays, allowing you to manually type in your timecode and click OK.

Now you can drag your play head to the start point of the section to be rendered. Now you want to carefully place your cursor over the small yellow section next to the play head. Your cursor will turn yellow. Once the cursor is yellow, left click and drag until you reach your out point. When you release the mouse, you will see yellow in and out point markers for the range to be produced, and everything will be yellow between those two points. You will also notice that a ’Produce Range’ button has now arrived.
You click on that button, and you are taken to the ‘Produce’ screen. Now you check your settings and click ‘Start’. PD will then produce this section of your project in exactly the same way that you would a completed project.

Are you using the above process and experiencing your issue?