Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Conversion
gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I have produced a project in Timeline mode and down loaded video clips as well as Photos. However the clips i finally selected did not contain any video clips . The total video lasts 19 minutes however in that mode it consumes 6.33gigs of space!
How do I convert it to slide show mode?
This is urgent.
Gdog
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm afraid I don't really understand your situation at all undecided

If your project contains any 2k or 4k video clips you can easily have a 6GB produced video for 19 minute duration. What clips did you "download," and from where? What do you mean by "However the clips i finally selected did not contain any video clips"

Please take a few minutes and clearly describe what your project is, and also provide more details (quantity, duration, pixel size) about the specific clips in your project. It would also help tremendously to take a screenshot of your project's timeline and attach it to your reply using this button under the forum's text box:

We're willing to help but we need a much clearer explanation of what you're trying to do.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like your 19-minute project has a bitrate of 43 Mbps for the resolution and bitrate you choose to produce here. If all the photos are in a sequence, then simply highlight them and click the Slideshow button.

You can let us know what resolution you want the slideshow to be and the size of the produced file you want. A user will then be able to determine what your settings need to be.

EDIT: optodata answered first while I was still typing. We need the above information on what you want like smaller file size, higher resolution, etc. to better advise.
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm afraid I don't really understand your situation at all undecided

If your project contains any 2k or 4k video clips you can easily have a 6GB produced video for 19 minute duration. What clips did you "download," and from where? What do you mean by "However the clips i finally selected did not contain any video clips"

Please take a few minutes and clearly describe what your project is, and also provide more details (quantity, duration, pixel size) about the specific clips in your project. It would also help tremendously to take a screenshot of your project's timeline and attach it to your reply using this button under the forum's text box:

We're willing to help but we need a much clearer explanation of what you're trying to do.

Thanks for your help.I am very new to this video making stuff.I am reproducing the video Ive made onto my flashdrive so cant provide a screen shot right now. Will be 30 minutes or so.
I was trying to reduce the GBs used by trying to switch the pds version of my video to a slide show.
The images in my capture room were a mixture of video clips and IMG and i phone pictures. I was a little unclear for you with that sentence using clips twice when I mennt photos.Sorry.

I downloaded a series of photos and videos from my Panasonic DMC-FH20 and my wife's i phone. I set the two sets of images/ clips on two tracks then selected the best of these to create my show.I merged them into one track.The mode i selected was timeline. This was not deliberate but I selected only photos and then edited them then rendered the result into a video from the pds. Standard Procedure.
Im now aware from you that 6.3 GB is about right. I have to use a laptop tomorrow to do a presentation, and I need to put the video onto a flash drive as I produced the video on my desk top. I bought a 16GB flash drive and when I tried to copy it across to the flash drive the message read there was not enough space!!!. Image my frustration.

While I was waiting for ananswer I thought of an alternative plan

I m trying another approach as we speak . Ive successfully copied across the pds. version of the video to the flash drive and I am producing a new version there to get around the block on the size thing on the flash drive.

Im happy to supply a screen shot if you still need it.
Cheers
Graeme
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It looks like your 19-minute project has a bitrate of 43 Mbps for the resolution and bitrate you choose to produce here. If all the photos are in a sequence, then simply highlight them and click the Slideshow button.

You can let us know what resolution you want the slideshow to be and the size of the produced file you want. A user will then be able to determine what your settings need to be.

EDIT: optodata answered first while I was still typing. We need the above information on what you want like smaller file size, higher resolution, etc. to better advise.

Sorry I dont understand what a bitrate is is . The photos are in a sequence on the timeline mode track , but I couldnt see where the Slideshow button is. That only seems to come up when you open PD 17 for the first time. Id appreciate some advice. Im very new to this.
Cheers
Graeme
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for providing these details in response to my and tomasc's requests. If you want to create a slideshow, it will only work with photos (no videos), all you need to do is select the clips on the timeline and then click on the Slideshow button, as shown here:

Also, you mentioned using the Capture Room, and that's not really a good way to get clips since it has to receive them playing back in real-time and will make a new version of what's already on your camcorder.

It's much better/faster to simply place the memory card in your computer and copy the clips directly to an internal drive, or even connect a USB cable and transfer the clips that way. If there's a Panasonic app that will do that for you, by all means use that - basically ANYTHING but the capture room when you've got good quality digital source clips!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The maximum single file size limit is 4GB on that 16GB flash drive because you it is formatted with Fat32. You need to reformat it to ExFat or NTFS and then you can put that 6.33 GB file on that flash drive. Optodata has answered your other concerns.
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The maximum single file size limit is 4GB on that 16GB flash drive because you it is formatted with Fat32. You need to reformat it to ExFat or NTFS and then you can put that 6.33 GB file on that flash drive. Optodata has answered your other concerns.

Im by no means a computer wizz so dont understand the reformatting instructions . Fat 32 and Ex Fat plus NTFS are new terms so I dont know where to start.
Are you talking about reformatting the video or the flash drive. Please spll out in very basic "janet and john" languge so I get it right.
Thanks
Graeme
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for providing these details in response to my and tomasc's requests. If you want to create a slideshow, it will only work with photos (no videos), all you need to do is select the clips on the timeline and then click on the Slideshow button, as shown here:

Also, you mentioned using the Capture Room, and that's not really a good way to get clips since it has to receive them playing back in real-time and will make a new version of what's already on your camcorder.

It's much better/faster to simply place the memory card in your computer and copy the clips directly to an internal drive, or even connect a USB cable and transfer the clips that way. If there's a Panasonic app that will do that for you, by all means use that - basically ANYTHING but the capture room when you've got good quality digital source clips!

I found the slide show button and started to put the pictures into slide show mode. Then decided to stop until I heard from you.

Thats good advice about the video clips in the capture room , hwoeve how do you integrate them into a video containing both video clips and photos if it isnt lid down on the track in timeline mode?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I found the slide show button and started to put the pictures into slide show mode. Then decided to stop until I heard from you.

Thats good advice about the video clips in the capture room , hwoeve how do you integrate them into a video containing both video clips and photos if it isnt lid down on the track in timeline mode?

Lots of questions and not much time before your deadline. Let me try and spell things out as I see them ...

1) The Capture Room isn't related to what you do with the clips in your project. The better way to get the clips into PD is to use the Import Files option straight from the Media Library using this button:

2) As for mixing photos and videos, they way you originally approached it is the normal method. You can mix and match clips on the timeline in any way, then add transitions and titles if desired and finally produce it as a video. If the only problem was that you couldn't get the video to fit on the USB stick, you can do that if you follow the next step.

3) as tomasc has wisely noted, there is a file size limit if your USB flash drive is formatted a specific way. This article clearly explains how to format it with exFAT or NTFS, but please remember that everything already on the drive will be deleted!

Google and Bing are great tools to find answers to tech questions, and obviously here is the best place to get help with PD

YouTube/optodata

gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]

I found the slide show button and started to put the pictures into slide show mode. Then decided to stop until I heard from you.

The advice received on reformating the flash drive worked. and the video is loaded. There is 8.8 GB left on it.
Much appeciated for steering me through it
Cheers
Graeme.
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]

The advice received on reformating the flash drive worked. and the video is loaded. There is 8.8 GB left on it.
Much appeciated for steering me through it
Cheers
Graeme.

All completed and successful loading of the video. Im so chuffed!!!
Thanks once again.
Cheers
Graeme