Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Blending Question
RED1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2017 10:29 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I have a very long automobile video (10 min) I'm working on and I picked an instrumemtal audio file that is 1:49. How can I loop or blend the file multiple times together to make it sound like it's one continous file. I've tried to crossfade it multiple times but can't get it work as volume varies and just doesn't flow properly. I got it close but there's that telltale annoying glitch sound. Also, the file starts and ends in silence so that too creates a problem as then I've cut and then tried to fade. So frustrating! Any suggestions with wave editor or without would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a tutorial on one way to do that with wave editor.
--Jim
RED1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Here is a tutorial on one way to do that with wave editor.
--Jim

Yes, I searched your channel first and had watched this but it was confusing to me. I may give it another try. Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Jim's tutorial does a very nice job of showing how to do that

Depending on the clip you've chosen and your skill level/patience, that may be all the help you need. If your clip is more complex, maybe with several different areas that you're wanting to repeat, you may want to reach out to Eric Matyas who has contributed 1000s of music and image clips here on the forum.

Here's one of his main threads, and if you listen to a few of the samples you can see he does great work. At his website soundimage.org, you'll see that he also does custom work, so you've got a few options to get your video looking and sounding just the way you want it to, all thanks to your fellow PD users!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
RED1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Jim's tutorial does a very nice job of showing how to do that

Depending on the clip you've chosen and your skill level/patience, that may be all the help you need. If your clip is more complex, maybe with several different areas that you're wanting to repeat, you may want to reach out to Eric Matyas who has contributed 1000s of music and image clips here on the forum.

Here's one of his main threads, and if you listen to a few of the samples you can see he does great work. At his website soundimage.org, you'll see that he also does custom work, so you've got a few options to get your video looking and sounding just the way you want it to, all thanks to your fellow PD users!

Thank you so much I will check it out! James