Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 patch error
PointyHairedBoss
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Feb 17, 2016 12:39 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded the PD16 patch. The installation stalls at 78% with this error message:
${IDS_CL_FOLDERLOCKEDINFOMSG_Enu}
I cancelled the rest of the installation & PD started but I'm worried the install was incomplete. Anybody know what this means?

By the way, how do I attach an image. I have a screen shot of the error msg but when I click Insert/Edit Image I get a box with text fields - no Explorer type dialog box to pick the file like other forums I've been on. Is there an easy way to attach an image file? Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote By the way, how do I attach an image. I have a screen shot of the error msg but when I click Insert/Edit Image I get a box with text fields - no Explorer type dialog box to pick the file like other forums I've been on. Is there an easy way to attach an image file?

There are two main ways. If you first save the screenshot as a JPG or PNG, you can simply attach it to your post using the Attachments button below the text box:

Alternatively, if you want to put an image inline with text like I just did, you'll need to upload the image to an online site like Imgur and then you can either paste the BBC code (one of the sharing options Imgur provides) directly in your reply, or copy the pic's URL and paste it using this icon above the text box:

You can also drag the corners to resize the image in the text box if it's too big or too wide. Genereally, I resize or crop so images so they're no more than 700 pixels across.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PointyHairedBoss
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Feb 17, 2016 12:39 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I'll try again. Didn't see that.
Here's the image of the error msg
[Thumb - PDPatch1.JPG]
 Filename
PDPatch1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the install is incomplete both because of the error and because you canceled it. I don't know how much of PD16 was changed, so the safest approach would be to reinstall PD16 with the original installer, then delete the existing patch and download another copy and try again.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°