Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No sound through Optical S/PDIF to my Logitech Z625...
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just bought new PC speakers (Logitech Z625) and connected them via optical cable to my Asus Maximus X Hero motherboard.

All audio works perfectly with music etc.

But when I open PowerDVD 17, I get an intermitent beep sound from the speakers... and no sound from the movie.

Why???

I reinstalled PowerDVD 17, including latest patch.

Still no sound through optical S/PDIF.

And I have to restart PC every time to get rid of the beeping sound.

Any ideas why?

Thanks!
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's because PowerDVD is sending coded DTS and Dolby Digital audio through optical S/PDIF... and my Logitech Z625 does not have DTS and Dolby decoder?

The question is...

Why PowerDVD is not decoding the audio and send it decoded to my speakers?
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have figured it out. I have sound now. It was simple.

If someone else has this problem too, I will answer.
Blissful6393 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2019 20:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have the same issue and could use some help. PowerDVD is making my PC beep intermittently as soon as I attempt to play a DVD or Blu Ray using the same speakers through Optical. I have even set the audio output to use S/PDIF but no luck.
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I moved to RCA cable now. But here is what to do to have optical sound in PowerDVD.

Right click on the speaker icon and click "Open Sound Settings". Select your optical output speaker / receiver from the list and click "Properties".

In "Supported Formats" TAB, deactivate "DTS audio" and Dolby Digital".

Your optical speakers / receiver is not able to decode DTS and Dolby. That's why you get intermitent beeping.

Do this and it will work.
Blissful6393 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2019 20:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I moved to RCA cable now. But here is what to do to have optical sound in PowerDVD.

Right click on the speaker icon and click "Open Sound Settings". Select your optical output speaker / receiver from the list and click "Properties".

In "Supported Formats" TAB, deactivate "DTS audio" and Dolby Digital".

Your optical speakers / receiver is not able to decode DTS and Dolby. That's why you get intermitent beeping.

Do this and it will work.

Worked right away. Thank you!
angsari [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2019 06:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It's because PowerDVD is sending coded DTS and Dolby Digital audio through optical S/PDIF... and my Logitech Z625 does not have DTS and Dolby decoder?

The question is...

Why PowerDVD is not decoding the audio and send it decoded to my speakers?

hmmm why?