Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can't find out how to overlay a transparent picture over my video
Geepstar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2019 16:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to make a karaoke movie. I have recorded scrolling text. But the text is from top to bottom on the screen and I only want the lyrics displayed that are playing at the moment. So I want the whole screen to be black, black picture (with look through window), but only the middle I have to be able to see the lyrics I have recorded scrolling.

(hope I don't sound too fague)

Or a big black rectangular on the top of the screen and a big rectangular on the bottom with a little space between them.

How do I do that? It can't be too hard, but I just can't figure out how.

Thanks in advance.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Geepstar -

You're right - it's not too hard. In fact it's w-a-a-a-y easier that trying to sync scolling text for karaoke!

With your main video in Track 1 & your scrolling text in Track 2, all you need to insert a duplicate of the T1 video in Track 3, then apply a rectangle mask to it.

That way, the text will keep scrolling up the screen but it'll be covered by the duplicate video.

Hopefully, this screen shot will illustrate well enough.

P.S. Personally I'd ditch the idea of scrolling text and just pop each line up as a separate title. You'll get much better control over syncing.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!