Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 Video Speed Tool doesn't know when to stop
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are at least 3 problems with the Video Speed tool.

As can be seen in this raw screen recorder clip, when previewing on the timeline, the pencil stops just after it has lifted off the page and then my freeze frame image takes over. For this project, I wanted to gradually slow her hand down, so I used the Video Speed tool. The effect worked as expected until I checked the Ease-in box (40 seconds in).

From that point on, the pencil snapped back to the paper when the clip ended, but I couldn't tell if it had gone back a frame or two or gone too far. Even worse was that the same behavior then occurred on the timeline clip after I had left the VS tool without saving. Fortunately it played normally when I switched to Movie mode (rather than Clip), but I couldn't use the effect with ease-in.

As I was trying to figure out what was happening, I came across two problems with the VS tool, where it runs past the end of the clip and just keeps going.

These may actually be the same problem, just with two different ways of triggering it. Both are 100% repeatable on the sample Skateboarder clip, and if anyone can take a look at this video and confirm that the problem behavior can be replicated, I will file a ticket with CL tech support.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
I could not duplicate the first one, trying two different methods. I obviously could not duplicate it exactly, because I don't have your project. But I tried using freeze frame after splitting and it worked as expected.

However, for the other two issues it was easily duplicated. To add to it, if you delete the back half of the split clip, the behaviour is the same. Something is definitely off about that.

Dave
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for confirming the second two issues.

The first one is challenging to reproduce in a reliable way, even with the original project.

The clip in the screen recording is actually an uncompressed AVI, so every frame is a standalone image and PD doesn't need to decode and reconstruct each frame. I did that because at first I thought it might have been a decoding issue, but it's clearly caused by something else.

I've reported this to Cyberlink, and the ticket # is CS001997253

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°