Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
why does the preview screen not scroll smoothly
Harold S [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2009 15:51 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
New download of pd17 while producing a video the preview screen does not play in a smooth manner, it jump like in frames, not a smooth play, any ideas???

Harold
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible that you are previewing HD 1080p or 4K video files on the timeline. You can reduce the preview quality resolution and/or enable shadow files. If you enable shadow files, then you have to wait until they finish generating before doing any editing. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16454&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=preview quality .
Harold S [Avatar]
[Post New]
Checked things you suggested with no change. Also just loaded pd17/365 to a new laptop and it does the same thing. Now im not sure if I made this clear or not but the videos will play and the correct pace if you are viewing on the time line, the jerkey viewing of said video is during the "rendering", Im wondering if that is just the way it is in the new pd17/365 download..

ideas??

Harold
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The majority of users have no problem previewing the videos on their pc. You never stated what type of video that you are previewing like 360, 4k, 5.7k, etc. See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page#post_box_315915 and post the DxDiag.txt here as an attachment.
Harold S [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The majority of users have no problem previewing the videos on their pc. You never stated what type of video that you are previewing like 360, 4k, 5.7k, etc. See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page#post_box_315915 and post the DxDiag.txt here as an attachment.

doesnt matter what type...mpg avi whatever, any size or format, when "rendering" the rendering preview screen does NOT play in a "smooth" mannor but the final rendered file saved is quite fine. This is strange indeed. I have pd16 also still on the laptop and when the same video is rendered via pd16 it is at normal. Checked all setting comparing pd16 and 17, all set the same. This is a chalenge hopefully I will come out on top LOL.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote doesnt matter what type...mpg avi whatever, any size or format, when "rendering" the rendering preview screen does NOT play in a "smooth" mannor but the final rendered file saved is quite fine. This is strange indeed. I have pd16 also still on the laptop and when the same video is rendered via pd16 it is at normal. Checked all setting comparing pd16 and 17, all set the same. This is a chalenge hopefully I will come out on top LOL.

We're asking these questions to better understand what might be causing the problem. The file type (.AVI and .MOV) is not terribly important, but whether the clips are 4k, 5.2k, 360 or HD is.

However, since you've posted that previewing on the timeline is in fact smooth, it seems that your topic heading is somewhat misleading.

If instead, you're noticing that when you use the Produce room to create a finished video, and you have the Enable preview during production box checked and THAT'S where you see the video "not scroll smoothly," that's actually the expected behavior and will have no impact on the finished video.

In older versions, PD would show something akin to real-time processing on the preview window. Starting with PD17, it's now more of a series of snapshots on the preview screen, I assume to allocate more resources to the actual production.

As you've already noted, the jump-action of the preview display during production has no bearing on the finished work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2019 14:07

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Harold S [Avatar]
[Post New]
that is exactly what is going on and now that I know it is the "normal" action in pd17/365 that is great, would have been nice if that change was noted as it seemed like something was wrong....thanks for easing my old mind...

Harold