Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selecting Thumbnail Frame for YouTube
nedrob
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2010 07:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
How do I select the specific frame to use when automatically uploading (producing) to YouTube? I have an intro and want to pick one frame from the intro before it fades out and goes into the main part of the video.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How do I select the specific frame to use when automatically uploading (producing) to YouTube? I have an intro and want to pick one frame from the intro before it fades out and goes into the main part of the video.

Youtube allows you to upload the thumbnail separatly or youtube tries to figure out the best one out of 3.

YouTube Thumbnail Dimensions. Optimize your YouTube thumbnails with these dimensions: 1280 pixels wide by 720 pixels tall, with a minimum width of 640 pixels

You can get a thumbnail like this

You may need to load this thumbnail into a paint program to set your size as it may be to big.

Search google for "get paint" to get a free one. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi nedrob -

To add a custom thumbnail on YouTube, the first thing you need to do is to make sure your account is verified.

1. Open your channel & go to Creator Studio or Studio Beta (whichever you use)

2. Under Settings > Channel > Status & Features, check whether it says "Verify" or "Verified"

3. For "Verify" clcick it to prompt an SMS with a verification code

4. For "Verified", you're good to go

5. On the Status & Features page, just make sure "Custom Thumbnails" says Enabled.

When you upload a video to your channel, you'll have the option to select a custom thumbnail. Upload it & save your video.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!