Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video speed/crop resets when moving clips
JohnParker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2019 05:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I will try to explain this problem as good as I can. I did a search and haven't seen it covered here before.

If I decide to go back and remove something in my timeline, and move all clips to fill the gap, then sometimes the sequences/clips will loose some of it's attributes, mainly the speed of the clip will reset (and sometimes loose the crop). Slow motion clips will become normal speed, and I have to do the work all over again. Even if I just move the clips one second forward or backwards on the timeline. They will reset. Not all clips do this. If I have a 40 minute project, maybe 5 clips are affected. This also happens if I import a project into another project (my project is long so I am working with two projects that needs to be combined). When they are combined the video speed will still reset on those same clips.

Is there any way to work around this, or to prevent this from happening?

Thanks alot for your assistance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2019 05:24

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there any way to work around this, or to prevent this from happening?

Maybe other members have seen something this happen before, but I haven't. There are two things I can think of that might be causing this: a conflict with temporary files or corruption in your PDS file.

To see if the issue is caused by temporary files, follow the steps in this post and see if that solves the issue.

If not, then you can try breaking your project up into smaller pieces by copying sections of the timeline and saving them as discrete projects.

If there are any project sections that have become corrupted (not the clips themselves, but the editing changes as stored in the PDS file), then it's likely that that particular sub-project would still have the problem and you would need to re-create those edits, but you'd only need to do that section and not have to re-do your entire project.
JohnParker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2019 05:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply.

I tried removing the temporary files, and that didn't do it. Maybe the PDS file is corrupted, as you say.

I notice now when I look at the affected clips -- they don't have the yellow exclamation point at the lower left corner (which normally indicates that "Power Tools - Video Speed" has been used). The clip has been slowed down, but the exclamation mark is missing. So if I move the clips or copy them, powerdirector somehow doesn't recognize that they have been adjusted, and then resets them.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2019 18:09