Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Handycam
poordom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2016 23:25 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Good evening All,

I have just purchased a new Sony HDR-CX405, Handycam.

My question, how can I have my PD14, recognize it as a digital camera, with the model numbe, when I which to import from camera?

Thank You

Dom
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Far and away it would be easier to simply remove the SD card from the Handycam and stick it in your computer's card reader.

If you need to get a USB reader, they're inexpensive and readily available at many stores and online. Reading the card directly is much faster and more convenient than trying to capture or import from your connected camera, and you should actually copy the contents onto your PC first to free up room on the card for more recordings, and then import the new folder into PD.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that you could or should be using the Sony Picture Motion Browser or the PlayMemories Home software to transfer from the camcorder to the pc hard drive for further use with PD17 if you want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2019 20:19

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with Tomasc, better to use the software provided with the cam to get the files onto your hard disk and import into PD from there.

Unlike Optodata I don't re-use my cards, I keep them as an archive since cards are pretty cheap these days. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64