Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you change the color of something?
[Post New]
I have the trial, I learned a few things but not sure how to change something from one color to another . If I wanted to make a white wall blue or a red flower yellow how do I do that?

Are there basic steps I have to do before I can get the desired color change? Please help
[Post New]
Hello Mouhamad,

In ColorDirector, the first thing you need to do is set a Motion Tracking Mask

CDR can track the object through the video, or you can use frame-by-frame tracking.

Withe the mask set & active, use the sliders in the adjustment module to make colour changes you wish.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Mouhamad,

In ColorDirector, the first thing you need to do is set a Motion Tracking Mask

CDR can track the object through the video, or you can use frame-by-frame tracking.

Withe the mask set & active, use the sliders in the adjustment module to make colour changes you wish.

PIX

Thanks but I don't know how to change the sliders to get the exact color I want.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks but I don't know how to change the sliders to get the exact color I want.

After you got the motion tracking mask done as illustrated here by PIX then you need to scroll down on the Regional Adjustment Tools to Color Replacement and use that eyedropper tool to select the object color and the New Color tool to change the color. An alternative is to change the White Balance Temperature and Tint sliders to change the colors shown in the illustration.
[Post New]

After you got the motion tracking mask done as illustrated here by PIX then you need to scroll down on the Regional Adjustment Tools to Color Replacement and use that eyedropper tool to select the object color and the New Color tool to change the color. An alternative is to change the White Balance Temperature and Tint sliders to change the colors shown in the illustration.

Thanks for the help
[Post New]
Hello again Mouhamad,

This short screen capture shows some of the adjustments tomasc referred to in his post. Colour Swap is at the end. After each adjustment I reset so that adjustments weren't cumulative.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello again Mouhamad,

This short screen capture shows some of the adjustments tomasc referred to in his post. Colour Swap is at the end. After each adjustment I reset so that adjustments weren't cumulative.

PIX

I think I got the hang of it. Thanks for all the help