Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green screen on the background of transitions
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm wondering if I'm missing something really simple here but I can't figure it out.

I'm transitioning between two clips with the "rotation counterclockwise" transition effect.

The problem I have is that as one video leaves the screen and is replaced by the other, there should be a black back ground inbetween. Unfortunately, this is green on the actual video timeline.

Is this normal? I would have thought it would be black or at least the colour of the colour board I have on the previous track but no, it's still green.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure exactly what's going on over on your end. The Rotation series of transitions are fun, but like some of the other, and older transistions, they have a solid backround, rather than a transparent (Alpha) one.

On my system, I have a black background when the transition is used on track 1, and still have a black background when placed on track 2 under a color board:

I've never seen any other color besides black on these transistions, so I don't know why you're seeing green. Once in awhile, I've found that PD sometimes hangs on to an older cached image after making a change, and closing it and waiting a few seconds before restarting it usually clears the issue.

Also, if you've used the Render Preview feature on these clips, you should go to Preferences (the gear icon) General and Manually Delete the temp files to see if the issue goes away.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

Yep.. I'm not sure what's happening at all. It's not quite clear but you can see the green on the screen shot above.

I'm still working on the video, if I go in and delete those files manually, will that effect my edit at all?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yep.. I'm not sure what's happening at all. It's not quite clear but you can see the green on the screen shot above.

I'm still working on the video, if I go in and delete those files manually, will that effect my edit at all?

Deleting the temp files has no impact on the final project, but it will affect your editing performance if you're using shadow files. You can always have PD recreate the shadow files after this test.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]

Yep.. I'm not sure what's happening at all. It's not quite clear but you can see the green on the screen shot above.

You might try turning off both options in pref > Hardware Acceleration and see if that's a short term fix for your green screen.

Jeff
[Post New]
Ok, that's good to know. Thank you.

I think I might just finish up this bit first as I'm almost done and then delete them afterwards. I can make do with different transitions for now I just spotted one bit where it would have looked quite nice.

Never mind, I shall carry on and see what happens when I've finished this bit of the edit.
[Post New]

You might try turning off both options in pref > Hardware Acceleration and see if that's a short term fix for your green screen.

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff but it didn't work I'm afraid. The green is still there! Pesky.