Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
produce -> profile analyzer -> intelligent SVRT; conditions to use this ?
FROMNOW [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 26, 2018 18:46 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I can't press OK.
Would be kind of ideal if I could.

What are the conditions to be able to use it ?

Is this article from PD10 still valid ?

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12805

My file is m4v format but even if I would convert it I will remove many parts, add titles and pictures and so on so SVRT would be unavailable for most of my video ?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What are the conditions to be able to use it ?

Is this article from PD10 still valid ?

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12805

My file is m4v format but even if I would convert it I will remove many parts, add titles and pictures and so on so SVRT would be unavailable for most of my video ?

Thanks

SVRT is the best choice when you've got a clip that PD has a similar output profile for, AND you've only made minimal changes, like trimming it or adding a few titles or transitions. Basically, SVRT copies all of the unchanged frames to the output video, which is very fast and doesn't require any producing.

If there are only a few changed areas in your clip, SVRT will produce them normally which will take some additional time, but overall the clip will be ready faster than if you had produced the entire timeline.

If you will be making lots of changes, like adding many titles or transitions or FX, or doing things like video speed changes, zooming/cropping, using keyframes, etc., SVRT will not be very helpful. Since it uses only the CPU for producing the changed areas, your project may produce faster if you have a GPU card and select that option instead.

The Profile Analyzer tool and enabling the SVRT track in the Edit room will give you an idea of how much of your project SVRT would be able to copy straight to the finished video. Also, not all formats can be processed with SVRT. Some have to be converted and produced even with no timeline changes, like WMV.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2019 23:18

FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]

SVRT is the best choice when you've got a clip that PD has a similar output profile for, AND you've only made minimal changes, like trimming it or adding a few titles or transitions. Basically, SVRT copies all of the unchanged frames to the output video, which is very fast and doesn't require any producing.

If there are only a few changed areas in your clip, SVRT will produce them normally which will take some additional time, but overall the clip will be ready faster than if you had produced the entire timeline.

If you will be making lots of changes, like adding many titles or transitions or FX, or doing things like video speed changes, zooming/cropping, using keyframes, etc., SVRT will not be very helpful. Since it uses only the CPU for producing the changed areas, your project may produce faster if you have a GPU card and select that option instead.

The Profile Analyzer tool and enabling the SVRT track in the Edit room will give you an idea of how much of your project SVRT would be able to copy straight to the finished video. Also, not all formats can be processed with SVRT. Some have to be converted and produced even with no timeline changes, like WMV.

Oh I see. It's to produce faster.
That's not why I was interested in using it. It looks appealing because it show the output I want to have.
For that clip it's showing me 23.98 FPS and 1920x800. I wanted to use Intelligent SVRT to have that format.

I see I can make a custom profile with 23.976 FPS but the 1920x800 is not available and that's why.

Looks like I'm going to have to follow the steps that PepsiMan explains in this video (to have 1920x800):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpCKvWB5RU&feature=youtu.be
FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]
Something else I don't get.

My clip is 23.976 FPS but for the timeline framerate there is only 24, 25, 30, 50, 60
For the output by using a custom profile 23.976 is available.
That means I import a 23.976 clip change it in 24 and then produce it in 23.976 again ?!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Something else I don't get.

My clip is 23.976 FPS but for the timeline framerate there is only 24, 25, 30, 50, 60
For the output by using a custom profile 23.976 is available.
That means I import a 23.976 clip change it in 24 and then produce it in 23.976 again ?!

When pref is set to "24 FPS (Film)", the timeline is being displayed at 23.976fps. It's left to the editor to adjust what produce profile they want to use, at which time the frame transformation will be done for non-matching source.

Jeff
FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]

When pref is set to "24 FPS (Film)", the timeline is being displayed at 23.976fps. It's left to the editor to adjust what produce profile they want to use, at which time the frame transformation will be done for non-matching source.

Jeff

24 FPS (Film) = 23.976 FPS ?

What if someone wants 24 FPS and not 23.976 ?

I'm just verifying to make sure
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
24 FPS (Film) = 23.976 FPS ?

What if someone wants 24 FPS and not 23.976 ?

I'm just verifying to make sure

If you want true 24fps produced output, then in the custom profile setup, set 24, not 23.976 as in attached pic.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_24fps.png]
 Filename
PD17_24fps.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you want true 24fps produced output, then in the custom profile setup, set 24, not 23.976 as in attached pic.

Jeff

I meant in the timeline.
Because you wrote that in the timeline 24FPS is 23.976 FPS ?
So I am asking what if someone wants true 24FPS in the timeline
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I meant in the timeline.
Because you wrote that in the timeline 24FPS is 23.976 FPS ?
So I am asking what if someone wants true 24FPS in the timeline

Then import true 24fps source and drop it in the timeline. If you produce that to 23.976fps output, output will be 23.976fps. If you produce that to 24fps, it will match input in this scenario and be 24fps.

You can easily verify with MediaInfo if you have doubts.

Jeff
FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]

Then import true 24fps source and drop it in the timeline. If you produce that to 23.976fps output, output will be 23.976fps. If you produce that to 24fps, it will match input in this scenario and be 24fps.

You can easily verify with MediaInfo if you have doubts.

Jeff

MediaInfo only tells me when the file is produced. Not during the timeline.

I have a hard time to believe that 24FPS preference in the timeline will keep a 23.976 clip intact in 23.976

23.976 is just hard to edit..
23.976 frames in one second. But 24 is easy. ,And why would they write 24 ? Not have the option 23.976 AND 24 FPS

I'm thankful for your answers though Jeff
FROMNOW [Avatar]
[Post New]
Someone wrote this years ago on the Adobe forum:

"A sequence time-code setting of 24 only means that the system will count from 0 to 23 and then starts the frame count over again. It doesn't indicate the actual time-base of the material"