Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DZP files do not open: Power Director 14
Mazer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2016 16:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
No matter what I do, I cannot get DZP files to open. I double click and they always have the windows "How do you want to open this file?"

I do not have any PowerDirector Menu. When I click on Power Director 14, it acts like it is trying to import media and fails.

If I goto PowerDirector 14 then attempt to import it using Import Particle Objects; nothing happens. I select the DZP file and there is no result.

I try going to My Download section. I select the DZP I downloaded, it acts like it is importing the file, then nothing happens. It does not appear even if I shut down and reopen power director.

Any help would be appreciated.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
PDR has got its' own file extractor which should be installed and the file types such as .dzp associated when you first install PDR. I'd suggest doing a fresh/full install of PDR and then try again.