Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Linear Crop/Zoom/Pan?
EricM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2019 04:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to use the crop/zoom/pan power tool to zoom in on a video and pan with a moving object linearly but I cannot do this due to the arcing paths for the panning, is there any way to turn the pan curves off?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest way I can think of is to skip that tool completely, because it's basically designed to do all the complicated changes to make the motion look more "natural."

Simply open the clip in the PiP Designer and use the keyframes to set the start and end points. The motion will be completely linear, and you can still check the ease-in and ease-out boxes if you'd like to gradually ramp the speed up at the beginning and/or end of the movement.

There are lots of tutorials on keyframes if you need any guidance.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
EricM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2019 04:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am aware that this can be done in PiP Designer but I was hoping there would be some way to tweak the crop/zoom/pan tool to make it easier for the function I want because it would be far more intuitive than PiP Designer for what I want to do if the curves could be adjusted or something. Sometimes the curve path is normal and other times it will deviate sharply which is frusturating as it would be so much easier to work with if you could set the previous keyframe as an anchor for the next one.