Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
screen recorder always crashes within seconds
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Just purchased and installed PD17 which came with the Screen Saver plug in.

Whether I run it alone or from within PD, it crashes within seconds of asking it to Record.

My PC is a rather powerful Dell XPS desktop.

Not happy about this.

If I click the question mark- then the "about" option- it doesn't do anything so I don't even know what version it is- but it must be the latest.

Joe
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you click on the "?" you should see a menu like this:

If nothing happens, it sounds like you might want to uninstall and reinstall PD17.

If you still have problems with Screen Recorder 2, please review the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the forum index page, and follow the steps to run the DXDiag test and attach the results here, along with the exact version # of PD17.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Optodata, I didn't uninstall my PD 13 first- not sure if that'll make a difference. But I will follow your suggestion later today and get back here.

thanks,
Joe
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Optodata,

When I downloaded PD17 it consisted of 7 files. I notice in my list of installed programs a seperate item for the Screen Saver. But, which of those 7 original files included it? I presume it's the following: "1-cyberlink_PowerDirector17_ultra_vde180920-03.exe".

I presume that file is the one containing the full PD17 program. The other files are "content packs" and one contains music tracks.

So, I must install the full PD17 program and also the one for the screen saver? Then I presume it will reinstall with no problem. I'm always hesitant installing and uninstalling programs.

If I chose to only uninstall the screen saver program- I wouldn't know what to do next since there wasn't a single file with just that in it. In my list of installed programs- it's listed as "cyberlink screen recorder 2".

Joe
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have the subscription version, which is installed with the Cyberlink AppManager, so I don't have any info on the other programs that you're seeing. Perhaps another member can chime in to help.

You also switch between talking about "screen saver" and "screen recorder," but I assume you're talking about the recorder the whole time. In my experience, it's installed by the main PD installer and it can't to be installed on its own. You can uninstall it, though.

One important thing to do is to update PD17 to the latest version before trying to use the screen recorder again. This post has the links to the v2314 update, so download and apply that patch first. After installing that, give SR2 another try.

There is also a beta patch update that fixes many other issues, and you can try installing that as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2019 13:11

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°