Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
.RFI and .C01 file suffixes
MichaelChgo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2018 13:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to burn image files from my hard drive to a DVD +RW disk.
The only files that appear at the end of the burning process are files that end in .RFI and .C01, .C02, etc. I can't even open these files to view them.

Also, I can't even remove them from the DVD + RW to start over.

Any suggestions?
MichaelChgo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2018 13:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been trying to burn image files from my hard drive to a DVD +RW disk.
The only files that appear at the end of the burning process are files that end in .RFI and .C01, .C02, etc. I can't even open these files to view them.

Also, I can't even remove them from the DVD + RW to start over.

Any suggestions?

I should follow this up by saying that all I am trying to do is burn .jpg files from my hard drive onto a DVD +RW disk. The software only gives me to option of saving the files as a .RFI file, .ISO file or .C01, .C02, etc., file.

Has anyone else out there experienced this?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Have you considered a thumb drive - cheap and can be erased/editied, etc.

What version of Power2Go are you using?

What do you plan to do with the disc?

What application in P2G have you selected? If you are just saving the files and do not need a slide show, select "Data Disc" The PhotoGallery disc is essentially a slide show video disc.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2018 12:58

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51851.page . The .cxx files are compressed files that can be opened and viewed. You are probably using the MediaSuite version of P2Go.