Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
End result aspect ratio STILL not right on TV - I thought I set it all correctly!
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there, I'm just a newbie at all this but have studied the User guide hard! I finally completed a home movie from my JVC HDD handicam. It was filmed in 16:9 as we new we'd be getting a new widescreen TV one day....and we did.

Before putting clips on the timeline, I set the aspect ratio via the edit button up top, to 16:9 as well (from the default 4:3). I also sort of remember selecting clips and setting them at 16:9 too. ??maybe??? I was in a bit of a stupor by then....I added titles and fades...

After FINALLY getting the file small enough to fit on a dvd I was pleased to preview it and it looked perfect on the viewer, with titles and widescreen looking just fine, fitting in perfectly.

I produced it and wrote it to dvd.
WHEN I PLAYED IT....on our widescreen tv it was widescreen but too wide. The edges, top and bottom and sides, all stretched too far and chopped off. The sides of the titles were missing and people look fat. Our TV is set to automatically detect widescreen options or whatever the ratio is, but this one was totally wrong!

I fiddled with the TV, it has about 8 display options, including 16:9, 14:9, normal, panorama etc... NONE fixed the problem. setting the TV to normal 4:3 made the people look right again, but still the side edges were chopped off.
Its almost like it's DOUBLE widescreen.
I don't know what to do. Did I set 16:9 too many times. I don't think it's the TV...whatever screen display I chose didn't fix both the stretch AND the cutoff edges.

Did I double wide it somehow???

Help please anyone, all that work... .....
Thanking you, Jenny.

Jenny