Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to do the same movie effect as the link of video by PowerDirector17 ?
don191906 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2018 10:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Link of Video

The video showed the method of PowerDirector11, but I couldn't find the same button.

I want to know how to do the same effect by PowerDirector 17.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2018 10:44

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Link of Video

The video showed the method of PowerDirector11, but I couldn't find the same button.

I want to know how to do the same effect by PowerDirector 17.

Thanks.

I'm checking I think you're right, had a REC button.

Now, first draw, then type the time duration, I think so it got better.

Tutorial

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2018 13:02

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Inverse button is missing in PD17 Paint Designer. Have been able to create the same Paint animation using an earlier version of PD and then use the template in PD17.

If you need more help, then you may want to start a support ticket on this and let us know if there is another workaround from the Cyberlink suppor team.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2018 17:24

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can not think of a way to do this in PD17 without using a previous version of PD to create the template. I have started a support ticket ID = CS001976763 on this.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have received a reply to this ticket today. Here it is:
With reference to your query, PowerDirector 17 Paint Designer doesn't support the Inverse function currently. We really appreciate to the suggestion and we have forwarded the suggestion to the corrosponding department for considertion.

You may try to use the Paint Desinger pip to produce a same aspect ratio video. Apply Chroma key on the produced video to remove the background and then use the "Video In Reverse" on the video to workaround it.

The OP wanted the effect like wiping a dirty window with a towel to clear it to see through it to see the the image or video behind it.

Using the workaround from support I do not get what the OP want. Use a pen red 80 width scribble from the top left to bottom right for the paint animation. Use PiP Designer chroma key on the red scribble. Power Tools/Video in Reverse. Produced the movie. What is seen is the red scribble changed to black instead of being transparent and move in reverse. If anyone can get this working then please point out how it can be done. I must be missing something here. See the attached movie.
 Filename
testPD2.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
The red scribble becomes black and move in reverse.
 Filesize
3915 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
210 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I figured out a way to do this, and it doesn't involve reversing any clips. I came up with the idea in 5 minutes, but it took 30+ to put this video together undecided

I've also packed the project which can be downloaded from here.

Note that you'll need to have NewBlueFX Zoom Blur (from the Motion Effects pack) installed to use my exact blurring approach. There are plenty of other ways if that's not installed. You can then reset the zoom on the skateboard clip to 100%.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Optodata has aced it for everyone!! laughingsealedsmile That is the best dirty window effect I have seen. Thank You for very much for your time and effort. The OP can have what he wants now using only PD17.

Looking at the packed project I replaced the 1st video with a chosen color board. Shorten the paint animation. Produced it. Place this over the video. Chroma keyed it and then produced it. It is like the OP original link of video. See the attached.

Thank you again optodata for your creative thinking in solving this issue.
 Filename
CBPA1.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Result like the original link of video.
 Filesize
990 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Glad that did the trick cool

Tomasc, I actually think you deserve the lion's share of the credit here! You put in the hard work of trying out a whole bunch of different approaches, even though unfortunately they all turned out to be dead-ends. But your effort also narrowed down the field of remaining ways that this might work, and that's what created the opening I saw.

Basically, you got the ball all the way across the field and deep into the red zone, all I did was pick up the ball on the 2 yard line and just mosey on over the goal line. Definitely a team effort here!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°