Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to undo edits done in CDR ?
mikey142 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2018 19:34 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
For example from PDR I fix/enhance a clip and choose Colordirector.

Make a few adjustments (gradient/radial mask etc)
Click "back" into PDR.

Go about editing other clips. Later on, I want to see which clips I had edited in CDR and selectively undo certain CDR edits. But when I click on the clips, I cannot see which clips I edited in CDR

Also how can I undo the edits done in CDR from PDR?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure whether this is the answer to all your problems, but when a clip has been modified by ColorDirector commonly the Color Presets are tagged, see picture.
Undoing the CDR changes for that clip is suffices to uncheck the tickbox. PDR does not appear to show which changes CDR has made (at least not that I can see), it would have been better that it would show, like the green tick in the approprate preset(s).

Hope that helps a bit
[Thumb - New Untitled Project 26-12-18 105537.bmp.jpg]
 Filename
New Untitled Project 26-12-18 105537.bmp.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
203 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2018 05:10

mikey142 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am not sure whether this is the answer to all your problems, but when a clip has been modified by ColorDirector commonly the Color Presets are tagged, see picture.
Undoing the CDR changes for that clip is suffices to uncheck the tickbox. PDR does not appear to show which changes CDR has made (at least not that I can see), it would have been better that it would show, like the green tick in the approprate preset(s).

Hope that helps a bit

Thank you but not sure if it helps because before editing in CDR, I had applied a LUT on these clips in PDR directly.

It is only after a lot of work that I realised that the clip need minor tweaks here and there using CDR. So what I'm trying to say is that the Preset/LUT tickbox was already ticked in PDR even before I took those clips into CDR.

What would be helpful is like in Premiere Pro, if you select any given clip in a timeline, there should be a list of mods grouped together in ONE PLACE. I understand that you need to go into "fix/enhance" to modify colours, "power tools" to modify video speed, "pip designer" to add some fades, "fx" to add effects etc. BUT, once you apply all of in onto a clip, you should be able to view a list of modifications done to that clip in one place rather than 'guessing' and trying to remember where exactly did I do what to that clip at what time.. I am no pro by any means but my timelines can get quite complex with multiple video/audio/fx tracks with quite a few clips on each of them.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
OKAY I understand, like with the effect settings. No, I dont think that PD can do that and I agree it would be very handy, of stronger, a good improvement if PD could show all changes and fixes applied to the clip(s) together.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It seems like when you leave PD for the other standalone tools (AD, CDR), it's pretty much a one way street. Certainly for any audio clips processed in AD, the new wav file replaces the original audio track and there's no way to change the results from inside PD.

I think the suggested changes are a really good idea, so you should follow the steps in this PDModerator post to "officially" send the suggestion/request to Cyberlink.

In the meantime, I can think of at least one approach to try as a future workaround.

Even when called from within PD, you should be able to save the specific edits you've made in CDR (or AD) as a project. If/when needed, open the CDS (or ADS) project directly from CDR (or ADR) and then work with the original clip again. All settings should be preserved and you should be able to make the necessary adjustments.

When you're finished, save the new clip the original folder. Then, make sure sure PD is closed, and open File Explorer and rename the original clip to anything else (like adding -old). Next, change the name of the clip to the original one, and PD will automatically load it and apply all of the PD edits to it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 26. 2018 14:43

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mikey142 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It seems like when you leave PD for the other standalone tools (AD, CDR), it's pretty much a one way street. Certainly for any audio clips processed in AD, the new wav file replaces the original audio track and there's no way to change the results from inside PD.

I think the suggested changes are a really good idea, so you should follow the steps in this PDModerator post to "officially" send the suggestion/request to Cyberlink.

Sure, will look into it.

In the meantime, I can think of at least one approach to try as a future workaround.

Even when called from within PD, you should be able to save the specific edits you've made in CDR (or AD) as a project. If/when needed, open the CDS (or ADS) project directly from CDR (or ADR) and then work with the original clip again. All settings should be preserved and you should be able to make the necessary adjustments.

Seems like a lot of work

When you're finished, save the new clip the original folder. Then, make sure sure PD is closed, and open File Explorer and rename the original clip to anything else (like adding -old). Next, change the name of the clip to the original one, and PD will automatically load it and apply all of the PD edits to it.

Definitely not what I understood/expected from where PD advertising stated having the ability to edit via CDR right from within PDR without opening/closing another application.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Definitely not what I understood/expected from where PD advertising stated having the ability to edit via CDR right from within PDR without opening/closing another application.

Technically, they don't actually say that, at least not on this page. The promo page talks about "Round-trip Editing" and passing the work among the 4 DS apps and then placing the edits on the timeline without rendering, and all of that is true.

Unfortunately, nowhere does it say that re-editing of those clips in the other apps is possible.

As for my workaround, maybe it seems like a lot of work because I spelled out every step in detail.

In reality, it's just saving the CDR (or AD or PhD) project and renaming a clip, steps that take about 2 seconds each. I agree that those are more steps than if DS kept all edits accessible, but it should let you re-enter the apps and tweak the existing edits the way you want to.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°