Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 17 Where are the Magic functions from PD16
Charles1941 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2016 19:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I can not find Magic Fi, Motion Style, Music in PD17. I use them a lot.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 13. 2018 14:39

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
They can be found by clicking the Pluggins button on the top left of the edit page.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The Magic Tools no longer have their own separate Function button -- but most are still there. I found them while researching my Muvipix Guide book.

Magic Movie Wizard can be launched from the Welcome Screen or by clicking the puzzle piece in the Media Room.

Magic Cut is launched from the More Features Function Button that appears along the top of the timeline when you select a clip. It's in the Edit Video sub-menu.

Magic Motion Designer (for creating pan & zooms) can be launched when you select a photo on your timeline, click the Tools Function button and select Pan & Zoom.

Magic Music is gone. It's been replaced by a library of Background Music that's accessible from the drop-down menu at the top center of the Media Room.
pianoman481973 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2019 17:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When applying "Magic Movie Wizard" it deletes all existing tracks in the project ( in version 17 at least ).
Is it possible somehow to use the "Magic" functionallity multiple times in the same projects without deleting all tracks ?
( I would like to have several portions using the effects ).

Thanks !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2019 04:55

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

Magic Music is gone. It's been replaced by a library of Background Music that's accessible from the drop-down menu at the top center of the Media Room.
Magic Music can be downloaded and installed from Smartsound.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2019 06:16

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT