Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Buffering???
[Post New]
PD appears to be buffering keystrocks because, at some point, things appear to freeze up, by which I mean there is still activety on the screen but nothing is happening from keyboard input. Like, when I hit the spacebar, thinking the screen action will stop, but it doesn't.

So I wait, and do nothing, and then, apparent, bufferig catches up and stops and, if the video is still playing at this point the space bar stops it.

This happens when I hold the period or the coma, to fast forward.

speaking of FF I seem to remember hearing that Ctrl-F was FF but that's not working for me. Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,
you are probably experiencing the delay from the amount of data you are processing.
Much depends on the power of your computer, the type of video you are dealing with (SD, HD, 2k,4k, etc), if you have other items in your timelines, and you may have missed the ability to lower the preview resolution to ease the strain. The preview quality adjustment is the box-in-a-box under the preview screen. It may also help to use proxy files. The proxy level is available in Preferences. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote Hi Mike,
you are probably experiencing the delay from the amount of data you are processing.
Much depends on the power of your computer, the type of video you are dealing with (SD, HD, 2k,4k, etc), if you have other items in your timelines, and you may have missed the ability to lower the preview resolution to ease the strain. The preview quality adjustment is the box-in-a-box under the preview screen. It may also help to use proxy files. The proxy level is available in Preferences.

Thanks Barry,I take your points.
My computer was running Premier Pro until recently so I don't think it's a lack of resources. My issue is with configuring the Nvidia card. I could do that in PrP. Not sure why PD is so fussy.
I thought the beeps I get when I hit coma or period were a buffering issue but someone suggested I modify the Default beep. Not sure that isn't like turning off an alarm because it's annoying and creating another set of problem.
I will check out my preview quality settings and look into the "proxy files" option, once I figure out what one is (-:
In PrP there is an option to constrain the timeline to a range. It allows saving a section of the timeline to a file of it's own. It also focus all resources on that segment alone. Is there such a thing in PD? Michael
Lr, Ps, PD365, Canon 60D and 70D, Speedlite 430EX II