Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Limiting the size of file during Edit so it can fit DVD MPEG-2 - How ?
Kural69 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Jul 17, 2017 13:11 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I only want to Produce in MPEG-2 such that all my Videos can be played in cheap DVD player. That means, I do not want double sided DVDs or Blu Ray, just simple DVD MPEG-2.

Since I can't upgrade my PC yet, my Produce part on PD17 is very very time consuming. I have to live with that.

After I complete my Edit phase with Videos, Slideshows, Music, I reach the Produce part only to find out that I have exceeded the 4.7G limitation. I then have to go back to Edit, chop off bit/pieces, Produce again, and still over the 4.7G limit. This cycle repeats for me over and over until I have trimmed it just enought to fit the 4.7G DVD MPEG-2 limitation.

My Ask:
Can I pro-actively do something during the Edit phase so I have some general idea what Gig size the Produce part may deliver ?

In Edit phase, I have in a Timeline (and not in Gig) so I can't tell.

I know I can split the Project into multiple pieces but I want to make maximum use of the 4.7G limitation and then only split from there.

Any pointers in PD17 that can help me "plan" properly would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
try this,
total time of the movie or videos in the timeline in workspace; ie max 2hours 15min and or
at the create 2D disc select the video encoding format and quality to SMART FIT.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Kural69 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Jul 17, 2017 13:11 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote try this,
total time of the movie or videos in the timeline in workspace; ie max 2hours 15min and or
at the create 2D disc select the video encoding format and quality to SMART FIT.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Hi,
Exactly where/How do you set the max to be 2 hours 15 mins ?

Tks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Place the scrubber at the end of your very last clip, and make sure the timeline is in Movie mode. This example project is 8 min, 22 sec and 25 frames in length:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°