Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to add a transition to multiple photographs at one time?
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 12:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Easy to change duration, etc. but can't seem to find a way to add a Fade transition to multiple photos. I'm doing a video with HUNDREDS of photos and hate having to drag and drop the Fade transition as many times.

I'm under a time crunch so any quick help would be great!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

Quick answer - there are also some other tips on transitions but I've got to go .. so

Add photos to time line
go to transition room F8
above the timeline to the left of "drag the selected....."
click on this box to apply fade to all

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 12:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Adrian. I was offline and ended up doing all 500 manually. Wasn't too bad. Now I know! Thanks.
deardavid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2013 23:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 11 Ultra. I have about 50 photos that I want to make a slideshow of, with cross transitions between each one. I dragged a fade transition onto the end of the first photo, clicked on 'fade' again in the library, then clicked on 'cross transition' at the bottom. Result - first transition is a cross transition, but all the rest are overlaps.
I tried again from scratch, undoing all the transitions. Clicked on 'fade' in the transition library, clicked on 'cross transition' and it makes all of them overlaps. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I'd like to be able to fade to black on the previous photo, then fade in from black on the next photo, and have complete control over the rate of fading in and out, and might even want it to remain black for a period of time between photos. I think I may be able to do that by inserting postfix and prefix transitions, and maybe using your color board feature. I can research how to do that later, but would like to know only if it's actually possible to do what I want in PowerDirector, for multiple photos at once.

Thanks. David

Note: I also did the same thing by clicking on the little 'Library menu' matrix icon at the top, which displays similar menu choices, and, unfortunately, leads to the same results. I've read the Help articles about transitions, and searched through the forum posts, but can't find the answer.
deardavid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2013 23:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Whoops, looks like I submitted my question to the wrong forum. I will go through the proper channels and procedures for susbmitting, and submit again, if I have not already solved the problem by then...