Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 to PD17 Upgrade warning
[Post New]
In the past one could run current and previous versions of PD without any issues.

PD17 unwisely erases PD16 when upgrading.

This is unfortunate especially with PD17 as it is full of irritating bugs that I haven't seen since the bad old days of versions 8,9, and 10.

It's back to reliable PD16 for now. frown
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Are you saying that you were able to reinstall PD16 and having it removed by the PD17 installation and keep both? That might have helped someone who posted about this Upgrade issue earlier.
[Post New]
Quote Are you saying that you were able to reinstall PD16 and having it removed by the PD17 installation and keep both? That might have helped someone who posted about this Upgrade issue earlier.

Yes. I was able to re-install PD16 and now both work independantly. PD17 projects of course are not downward compatible.
kingsmeadow2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 09:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the past one could run current and previous versions of PD without any issues.

PD17 unwisely erases PD16 when upgrading.

This is unfortunate especially with PD17 as it is full of irritating bugs that I haven't seen since the bad old days of versions 8,9, and 10.

It's back to reliable PD16 for now. frown

I just upgraded from PD16 to PD17 and it didn't recognise PD16, so left it there. So I have both and they both work !
KM