Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Several problems with batch rendering
SonoMan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2018 01:01 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have a large project of about a dozen videos. When I discovered that there was a batch render in PD, I was happy to use it. But it proved to be worthless because of two bugs.

1) Some of the video streams don't show up, as itf they are unchecked when editing -- but they are all checked and render fine when not in batch mode.

2) The opposite situation with audio files. I have a single auto track carefully produced outside PD. The various cameras have their own qudio tracks, but these are all unchecked. But sometimes the batch exports turns on one or more of these camera audio streams. Again, these files render correctly when not in batch mode.

Anybody else seeing these problems?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2018 17:46

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't imagine that these problems commonly show up. I've run a few batch produces recently and everything turns out as expected, but those projects had mostly complex lighting/masking edits and only had content on 2 or 3 tracks.

One diagnostic option is to load just 1 or 2 projects at a time and try batch producing. If the problem only occurred when a larger number of projects were queued, or only after xx hours of producing, that might be a clue as to what's going on.

If you find that specific projects don't make it through batch producing unscathed, you could try packing one of those projects (which will include all source files on the timeline) and uploading that folder to a cloud sharing service, then post the link here. That would let other members try it out, which can help determine if there might be issues with PD, the project itself, or your machine.

Without knowing more details (consistency, specific tracks/timline locations of the affected clips) it's difficult to even imagine what's happening. Normally a DxDiag test will shed light on an issue, but that may or may not be the case here. I don't think it would hurt to double check what's going on under the hood, so please review the Read Me post at the top of the PD17 forum index for instrauctions and post the test results when you reply.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I concur with Optodata. I frequently use the batch facility to produce a series of specific output files form the same sources.

Typically to produce DVD ready and Blu-ray ready files. The disks created outside PD. In such case I have about 25 projects that have not more than 4-5 tracks. So I find this feature very useful. Until now I did not have any problems. I do not touch or more the source files though, which obviously might be a reason for malfunction.

They only thing that is annoying is that PD does not remember previous settings and that filling the list needs to be done with extra care in in the right order to get the output right.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well, after installing v2314 I saw the same issue as SonoMan's second example!

I produced 3 projects last night in a batch, and the more complicated one (with 10 active A/V tracks) was produced with additional audio from Track 5, even though the Enable checkbox was cleared.

Also like SonoMan, if I open that project directly in PD I can produce a range or the whole project and only the audio from the enabled tracks (2, 3 and the Music Track) appear in the final version.

I'll see if I can create a simpler project to test this batch incompatability out on, because it certainly doesn't make any sense why producing the project via Batch Produce would not respect the track settings, but that's clearly what's happening! yell

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2018 12:50

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
I've had a chance to run some tests, and it appears that for some reason, producing projects in PD17 (now v17.0.2314.1) with Batch Produce ignores the individual audio track enable/disable settings in each project and enables ALL OF THEM.

I've packed several simple projects in this OneDrive folder. Each is a 10 second video with me saying the name of each audio track that's enabled. In Batch test, there is audio on the first 8 tracks and all are enabled, so you'll hear me count to 8 and repeat as the skateboard video plays.

The other projects have only the audio tracks listed in the title enabled, so if you edit or produce Batch 12357, you won't hear me say "4" or "8."

However, when you batch produce these (I used the default profile, but I don't think it matters), EVERY produced video contains ALL 8 audio tracks

If other people can confirm this and/or add any other findings, I'll report the issue.

YouTube/optodata

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
An excellent test Optadata.

I have downloaded the files and manually produced them. The result is as expected: only the numbers mentioned in the filename are called out.
I have then executed all projects in batch mode and indeed ALL numbers are called out also the ones not mentioned in the filename.
I have re-excuted the batch with some different output formats and even toggle the dolby switch. The result remains the same, WRONG.
I think Optodata, that a bug has been found and the issue can be reported. have any other issues with B atch-mode been reported?

The batch mode is a valuable function to me, and I guess to others too. It should work reliable.

For what it is worth and I wonder:
Note I have used: 17.0.2314.1. (like Optodata)
I see that your project files tags, Optodata, show that appversion 16 is used? and ARAversion= 5.4.1.2203. My project files (that I saved with version 17) show Appversion 17 and ARAversion = also 5.4.1.2203

Warry
optodata
[Post New]
Quote ...
I see that your project files tags, Optodata, show that appversion 16 is used? and ARAversion= 5.4.1.2203. My project files (that I saved with version 17) show Appversion 17 and ARAversion = also 5.4.1.2203
Warry

Warry, thank you for confirming the issue and for your additional testing of the different project options!

I have the subscription version (DS/365), so maybe you're using the standalone version? This is a brand new installation on a clean Win10 Fall Creators build, so there weren't any version 16 files laying around that might have gotten linked to PD17.

Also, I've added "V" copies of the numbered project fiiles in the shared folder, and these projects have the video enable/disable checkbox for each track set the same as the matching audio track. These batch-produced clips do show the proper video responses, even though all the audio tracks are active, which correlates to my experience of only having extra audio in batch-produced projects.

EDIT: Support ticket is CS001965687

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2018 15:58