Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thinking about upgrading from PD 16 to 17?
[Post New]
A quick review -

I have been using PD for a long time and I upgrade just about every year. I can say PD has came a long ways and has definitely improved greatly over the years.
But after working with this years upgrade to PD17, I can say the incremental changes should of been a normal patch and not a annual upgrade.

I would say overall not worth it.

I see no Improved Motion Tracking Accuracy after trying many different tracks.

NO significant improvements to the Chroma Key.

Video precut, nested project editing or the best matched profile options....??? I am not sure why anyone would need this.

Where some major work is needed is on the Menu Designer- It has great potential but it has been a mess for some time now.

On a positive note - It was good to see you can now brush mask instead of having to use a star or a pre determined odd shape for masking and a few new features to the title designer is nice.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
As they say, in the software world, people vote with their wallets.

If the features aren't worthy of the upgrade cost, CyberLink will feel the sting.