Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
1:1 Aspect Ratio
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 11:14 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to output in 1:1 ratio with Power Director? Either a setting in the files or a workaround?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PDR cannot actually produce a 1:1 video. The best your can do is use a png file as a mask or overlay in a 16:9 project to get the square look you want, essentially the sides blacked out. Then use one of many 3rd party utilities to crop the PD produced video to your 1:1 video that’s in the mask.

Jeff
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 11:14 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PDR cannot actually produce a 1:1 video. The best your can do is use a png file as a mask or overlay in a 16:9 project to get the square look you want, essentially the sides blacked out. Then use one of many 3rd party utilities to crop the PD produced video to your 1:1 video that’s in the mask.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Been growing increasingly frustrated with PD's offering over past months, think this might be the final annoyance for me!
mga010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2018 02:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks Jeff! Been growing increasingly frustrated with PD's offering over past months, think this might be the final annoyance for me!

In spite of the many shortcomings of PD, I found nothing better in an acceptable price range, and I tried some.