Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 17 constantly crashes in Create Disc mode!
Alex Foster [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2016 11:09 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Apart from being terribly slow overall, as soon as I want to load a new background image for my DVD menu PD 17 (as was already the case with PD 15) just crashes.

This is so annoying and embarrassing I can't tell you. I have an i7 PC with 16 gigs of RAM, SSD and a GTX 1060 graphics card - which should be more than enough for PD 17, right?

I tried pushing up the task manager's "priority" for PD to above normal or high but to no avail.

Any ideas, please...?

(Does anybody know a good software for creating DVDs?)
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just tested this and successfully added a custom background images for each of my menu pages. I then burned the disc and it played back as expected. Also, I don't find the PowerDirector Create Disc slow AT ALL...this on a computer that is not as "powerful" as yours.

What this says it that is most likely something else is conflicting with PowerDirector on your computer, or drivers are way out of date, etc.

Best way to figure it out is to:

1. Provide the exact steps you take to get this crash. For example, which stretch mode did you choose? What kind of photo?

2. Attach your DXDiag.txt file. This will provide a lot of insight about your computer.

3. Contact CL Tech Support. If they have seen other users that have encountered this, you will quickly get a solution.

Dave
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I had the EXACT same problem in PD15.
The crashing occurred after I installed a new graphics card and was relentless. I tried everything, even joined the Nvidia forum seeking help.
Then, one day, while capturing analog video my computer froze and then crashed.
The next time I opened PD and tried to alter a menu background, it worked.
Sorry I never figured out what or why, it just started working after the freeze crash.
I suspect something about your video card driver or installation. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Alex Foster [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here you are (see attached txt file).

Any ideas, please...?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
234 time(s)
Alex Foster [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here' s a little screen capture I just made about how the Create Disc module behaves....

Again, can anybody help me...?

Thanks in advance! :
 Filename
PD17 Create Disc menu madness.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
PD17 Create Disc menu madness
 Filesize
3368 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
234 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2018 11:48

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting the video clip and the DxDiag file. The main thing I saw is that your nVidia driver is a year out of date, so please update to v411.70.

DO NOT install the latest driver (416.xx) because you will lose hardware GPU acceleration in PD. This is due to significant driver interface changes for the Win10 Oct 2018 update (which you haven't yet installed, BTW), and while Cyberlink is currently working on the issue, v411.70 is your best friend.

The new driver should certainly help speed up some tasks and possibly get rid of some of the crashes, but in general, I find the whole disk/menu module pretty dreadful to use, and it hasn't ever operated like I'd hoped - even with a fast machine.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Alex Foster [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, thank you so much. I will try that and keep you posted as soon as I have any results.

Quote Thanks for posting the video clip and the DxDiag file. The main thing I saw is that your nVidia driver is a year out of date, so please update to v411.70.

DO NOT install the latest driver (416.xx) because you will lose hardware GPU acceleration in PD. This is due to significant driver interface changes for the Win10 Oct 2018 update (which you haven't yet installed, BTW), and while Cyberlink is currently working on the issue, v411.70 is your best friend.

The new driver should certainly help speed up some tasks and possibly get rid of some of the crashes, but in general, I find the whole disk/menu module pretty dreadful to use, and it hasn't ever operated like I'd hoped - even with a fast machine.