Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import new pictures (watch folder)
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Does photodirector have an option to "watch folders" for new pictures, then import them? Or, after i add new pictures to my computer do i have to perform a new import each time?
[Post New]
Hello BadWold,

I'm aware of the feature used by some photo managaement software. Unfortunately, PhotoDirector doesn't scan drives in the same way & relies on the user to import photos directly.

My workflow involves importing whole folders (even those I've previously imported) when I know I've modified folder contents (added photos). PhD doesn't import duplicates.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I see an option when I right-click on my pictures fodler called "Folder Synchronization" Maybe that's as close as it gets?
[Post New]
Oh my goodness. You're quite right. That was a lapse of thinking on my part.

Indeed, "Folder Synchronization" certainly has the effect of "watch folder", albeit with a right click.

Thank you for giving me a nudge laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel