Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color director 7 will not launch.
WillChill58 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern Hemisphere Joined: Dec 10, 2012 22:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I've completed all the recent upgrades. I have the subscription package or suite. All the programs are working fine except Color Director 7. I've tried to get it to launch from every concievable short cut and .exe file that it has. I've un-installed, and reinstalled twice. The splash screen will pop up for a quarter of a second but nothing else happens.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.2 GHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z270X-Gaming 7 (U3E1)
2048MB ATI AMD FirePro W5000 (ATI)
RAM Corsair 24GB Dual-Channel @1332MHz (14-16-16-31)
ard drives
NVMe Samsung SSD 970 (SSD)
Manufacturer SAMSUNG
Firmware Version Number 1B2QEXE7
Interface RAID
Capacity 232 GB
Real size 250,059,350,016 bytes
RAID Type Software RAID

The GPU purchase was a scam on EBay, happening from China. They sell new working GPU's, change all the names and ID #s to a later model near the type you think you have bought. They keep the price appropriate but they claim it's the lastest model to get it to sell. It appears they have truckloads of back inventory. I found a driver that works just fine. The dxdiag showed no errors anywhere. All other Cyberlink programs work OK. I nearly have them all.
Any advice appreciated before I take it to support. Rob
[Post New]
Hello Rob,

I'm happy to admit that this sort of issue is beyond my limited technical ability. Even though I've not seen this with CDR, similar problems have occurred from time to time with other CL applications.

The first thing I'd suggest is to go to Task Manager - Ctrl+Alt+Delete - to see whether any CL related tasks are already running. e.g. CyberLink RichVideo Module will often be running in the background even when you're not currently running any of the DS apps.

Select any such tasks & end them, then attempt to relaunch CDR.

This may be an issue that needs to be referred to the Technical Support team at CL.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PIX is right. Check to see if ColorDirector.exe is a process already running in the task manager. If it is then close that process and then you should be able to open it from the Desktop shortcut icon.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2018 16:03

WillChill58 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern Hemisphere Joined: Dec 10, 2012 22:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. I guess it was corrupting during or after installation. Thanks. I'd never had that problem. I installed a earlier OS image and cyberlink sent the manager and re updated everything. It's fine now. I appreciate your response, plus it saved me from the thrill of interacting with support.