Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade Broke Application Manager
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Now sure what you did Cyberlink but when you upgraded everyone the application manager locks up. I rebooted my system and sometimes I can get it to come up but most of the time it locks up where before the upgrade it did not. So something needs to be fixed ASAP!

Out of 12 times I was able to run PD from the manger 3 times. How ever if I dare click on the tab to addons it really locks up.

Anyone else having this issue?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2018 05:52

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Not yet, though AppMan is reporting I do not have Adorage installed and I've done it 4 times. On the bright side it finally, after at least a year, it's reporting my addon Wedding Pack is fine. One step forward, one back. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Now sure what you did Cyberlink but when you upgraded everyone the application manager locks up. I rebooted my system and sometimes I can get it to come up but most of the time it locks up where before the upgrade it did not. So something needs to be fixed ASAP!

Out of 12 times I was able to run PD from the manger 3 times. How ever if I dare click on the tab to addons it really locks up.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes I can no longer use it either.
Billium W [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Aug 28, 2018 01:05 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I wrote to CyberLink Customer Service about this issue. The Application Manager launches but when I log in it says it is looking for an update and then returns to the login screen, so I cannot download the PowerDirector 365 app I just paid for. I am obviously able to sign in the the CyberLink Community, so I know my email address and password is good and I very cafefully entered it six times to see if the App Manager would ever work. I am using the latest version of WIN 10 and all other software and web works fine. Something is wrong with this Application Manager program. This is the first CyberLink software I have purchased where this Manager was required.

I'll bet a lot of other people are having the same issue. I hope these forums are monitored by CyberLink support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2018 20:14

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I wrote to CyberLink Customer Service about this issue.
I'll bet a lot of other people are having the same issue. I hope these forums are monitored by CyberLink support.

They are your primary source for support. Almost everyone on the forums is a user/volunteer with no access to internal Cyberlink resources.

A couple things you can try while waiting for tech support: Try running the App Manager as an Administrator by right-clicking on the desktop icon (or on the AppManager.exe file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\AppManager folder) and choose Run as Administrator.

If that doesn't work, uninstall it and then locate the installer in your Downloads folder (you may need to download it again from your CL products page if you chose to Run/Open it directly from the webpage the first time), then right-click and Run as Admin.

It's also possible that you'll get a newer version of the installer by downloading it again. Mine is ApplicationManager_v0905_rv198726(1_1)_STD_APM180612-01.exe, and it's dated Sept 29, 2018.

Try these out and post back with your results. Good Luck!
Billium W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata,
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried each of the methods you mention and the Application Manager still does not procces my login. Login window goes black for a second then "looking for updates" pops up with a spinning wheel graphic, then jumps back to the login in window. It seems the connection to the CyberLink file server is failing. I have to use my login to get to this forum so I know I am not entering the wrong information. The App Manager exe is the same version as you list, it is what CL has you download to get to the PowerDirector 365 download. I recently purchased other CL software and it all downloaded directly from the links in the email purchase verification, no Application Manager involved.
Customer Service acknowleged receipt of my email that App Manager is not working so I hope to hear a solution soon.

A couple things you can try while waiting for tech support: Try running the App Manager as an Administrator by right-clicking on the desktop icon (or on the AppManager.exe file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\AppManager folder) and choose Run as Administrator.

If that doesn't work, uninstall it and then locate the installer in your Downloads folder (you may need to download it again from your CL products page if you chose to Run/Open it directly from the webpage the first time), then right-click and Run as Admin.

It's also possible that you'll get a newer version of the installer by downloading it again. Mine is ApplicationManager_v0905_rv198726(1_1)_STD_APM180612-01.exe, and it's dated Sept 29, 2018.

Billium W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update on Application Manager failure to login. I got a message from CyberLink Tech Support that did not fix the issue. They just said to download the App Manager again and use my CL login. It fails as it has done a dozen times. I made a video screen capture and gave them a link to the file on my Google Drive. Now they can see what happens.
I've had great luck with downloading the software I have purchased from CL in the past, but previous downloads were direct from links they sent in emails with product license numbers and no use of Application Manager. If-when CL fixes the problem I'll let you know and the solution.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Since it appears to be a connectivity issue, you might want to try temporarily disabling any antivirus software you have. Also, see if you can disable your firewall or add AppManager to the whitelist/allowed programs. You may have to Google for the specific steps depending on which of these programs you're running. You'd also want to restart them once DS365 is installed.

If those still fail, one last thing to try is to restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking, and see if you can A) Launch AppManager and B) have it connect and install DS365. Running the manger as an Admin may be required here, but it's also possible that Safe Mode won't allow you to install the programs.

Good Luck!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Billium W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Since it appears to be a connectivity issue, you might want to try temporarily disabling any antivirus software you have. Also, see if you can disable your firewall or add AppManager to the whitelist/allowed programs. You may have to Google for the specific steps depending on which of these programs you're running. You'd also want to restart them once DS365 is installed.

If those still fail, one last thing to try is to restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking, and see if you can A) Launch AppManager and B) have it connect and install DS365. Running the manger as an Admin may be required here, but it's also possible that Safe Mode won't allow you to install the programs.

Good Luck!

Success! I had previously added Application Manager to the allowed programs in Windows Defender Firewall, but it still would not connect to the CL server. Defender is the only system protection software I use.
But your suggestion to run in Safe Mode did the trick. The login completed and connected to the server so I could download PowerDirector 17. At first it looked like it would not install the program because a window popped up that said "Windows Installer service is not accessible in Safe Mode" but PD did install.

Thanks for your help. Who knows what was preventing App Manager from completing the connection, but since all the other apps I use as well as getting apps from the net work correctly, it is odd that App Manager is the only app that should fail.

I wonder if any updates to PD 17 will require use of App Manager and I will have to use Safe Mode again. Hope not.

Cheers.
optodata
[Post New]
Success! I had previously added Application Manager to the allowed programs in Windows Defender Firewall, but it still would not connect to the CL server.
But your suggestion to run in Safe Mode did the trick.
I wonder if any updates to PD 17 will require use of App Manager and I will have to use Safe Mode again. Hope not.

Cheers.

Great news that you were able to finally get everything installed!

The less-than-great news is that AppManager is the only way to download and manage updates. While there's a chance that updating PD will run more smoothly now that it's actually installed, it's probably more likely that you'll need to use the SMwN workaround again.

At least we now know that works, and the updates typically only come once every month or so. Hopefully, that won't be too much of a headache to deal with!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°