Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best Presets or adjustments for video games?
noface60 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2017 05:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello I record a lot of video game footage and would really like osme help on making the the footage feel more defined as well as giving off a natural tone and sense of clarity. If anyone would be willing to give me some direction or help or even a link to a SPECIFIC preset that's useful it'd be much appreciated! Thank you for your time and consideration.
[Post New]
Hello noface60,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

The would be no such thing, I think, as the "best" preset for adjusting all game footage. There's such a huge variety of graphic & design styles, ranging from cartoonish to life-like.

For example, if you applied the same colour adjustment to Assassin's Creed & Super Mario, you'd get very unsatisfying results.

My view would be that, beyond some basic sharpening & clarity adjustment, you'd need to make presets appropriate to the graphics in a particular game.

Another thing to consider is that during many games light & colours vary significantly, so applying a preset universally may not work too well.

It very much depends on the game/s you're referring to.

PIX PIX YouTube channel