Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MP4 or MKV with LPCM audio
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
For anyone interested -

PDR17 introduces the ability to produce H.264/H.265 MP4 or MKV with LPCM audio. Various complaints had been reported about the quality of AAC audio in MP4.

I produced an H.264 MP4 with LPCM audio, where the original audio was in .WAV format, to compare the two.

Sadly, my ears aren't what they used to be & I can't even hear any difference. So I'm putting it to fellow forum members for their thoughts... hoping there's someone with better functioning hearing or greater ability to analyse sound.

Here's a zip file containing the two produced files. Here is the original audio track. In the videos it's split at 00:00:40:14 and the first part removed.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!