Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Movie Cover Art
JDizzy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2017 22:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I know that when you first scan in a folder with movies that they are automatically identified. Or, at least an attempt is made.

If I try and change a movie cover by right click, it doesn't save my choice and many times loads the info for a movie other than the one I was editing....

Being able to choose local cover art used to work and using v17 it does not work now so I tried v18.... no luck.

It seems like some sort of database problem and I would like to see if there is a fix, or workaround.

Also would be nice to have TMDB as a scraping option.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I can set custom cover art for my movie titles in the movie library.
It works normally in powerdvd 18.

Where do you store your movie files? Is it on a network drive?
The connection path change/refresh will reset the cover art assignment.

Move the movie files to local drive, and do the import and cover art assignment again.
t3t4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2019 10:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I can set custom cover art for my movie titles in the movie library.
It works normally in powerdvd 18.

Where do you store your movie files? Is it on a network drive?
The connection path change/refresh will reset the cover art assignment.

Move the movie files to local drive, and do the import and cover art assignment again.

No, that would be ludicrous and imposible to move all these files. My specific problem is PDVD 18 Ultra won't remember what I told it to do. I have external back up/media drives that are only used when I need them. If PDVD is running without those drives alive and active then PDVD looses or forgets the hours of work I put in to get the cover art correct! It rescans and rebuilds my library every-time my drives are power cycled. It's unacceptable to put it mildly!

Clearly, PDVD can only be used as a player and nothing more. It's time for a real media server I guess, something like Plex, Kodi, Jriver among others. This is severely annoying to me since now it clearly takes 2 programs to do the job of 1. Even when PDVD works for cover art, have you ever seen a program get it this wrong? I mean, take the movie Cars for example, somehow it manages to find the the cover art in freekin Chinese...... I mean what gives?

It's too stupid for me to waste anymore time on, good player, but too stupid as a media server!