Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are my titles
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Once again, regretably, I have to come to the forums to find a solution.
I'm working on a video and want to add a couple of titles.
After opening my project, I click on the T, then All content, then Free templates. Once at that page, I select 4:3 (because videos are 4:3), pick out a title and download, Save, then open folder. Nothing happens. So, I go to my download file, find the title, click on it , and it says the title template was succesfully installed and is ready for use. It is ready for Cyberlink Power Director and Cyberlink Action Director. So, I click OK.
When I go back to PD, click on T, all content, it isn't there.
So I go to my Documents folder, Cyberlink, PD 16, click on My Titles, empty. Go to Action Director, also empty.
I did a search on this and all that came up was a couple posts re Custom Titles. Didn't seem to apply to me.
One thing I learned, after 24+ years in the military, was "when all else fails, follow the instructions". What I didn't learn was what to do when you do follow the instructions and it still doesn't work.
Obviously, I must be doing something wrong but don't know what. Can anyone clue me in as to why the titles I download and install do not appear in my PD16 Titles library?
Sorry to have to make this post but I'm kinda/sorta frustrated now.
Thanks for any guidance. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Can you check that you have changed the project to 4:3 when you're looking in the title room. I know you have said you're videos are 4:3 but usually, this problem occurs because there is a mismatch between the project setting and the clip/additions.

Regards

Phil
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can you check that you have changed the project to 4:3 when you're looking in the title room. I know you have said you're videos are 4:3 but usually, this problem occurs because there is a mismatch between the project setting and the clip/additions.

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil.
Yes, it's 4:3 because I have my project loaded. When I go to the Titles, it also shows 4:3. There are some titles there but I'm assuming they are like samples included with PD 16 because none of them are what I downloaded. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
While in the title room did you click on the All contents or the Downloaded buttons to see what is available?
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote While in the title room did you click on the All contents or the Downloaded buttons to see what is available?

Thanks tomasc
I just now checked and in the download link is 1 title that I downloaded. None of the others are there.
Didn't think to check there because, stupid me, I assumed that it would be included in the All content link.
Live and learn. Now, I have to go back to a different post to get clarification.
Thanks again. Jack