Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
burning a single video over multiple dvd's
Dave R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2010 23:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have produced a video but it is too big for a single DVD. Is it possible to burn it to several DVD's sequentialy?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Well, you break the movie into several parts by making several copies of your movie and removing all but, say, 35 minutes for each "part".
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
[quotePostId = 315571] Eu produzi um vídeo, mas é muito grande para um único DVD. É possível gravá-lo em vários sequenciais do DVD? [/ QuotePostId]

You can add up to 2 hours on 1 DVD 4.7Gb, Regular display 16x9, using format quality, Smart Fit option.
For Regular display 4x3 it will accept up to 5 Hours, more time reduces image quality and resolution.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2018 15:23

Dave R [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have produced a video but it is too big for a single DVD. Is it possible to burn it to several DVD's sequentialy?

Thanks for your reply but it does not help much, I may need to upgrade the burner to Blu Ray
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
a double layer DVD can store about 4 hours of video (SD quality that is), or is your video even longer than that?

Blu-ray is always better of course, and obviously you upscale your output to full HD.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I still recommend keeping your movies under 45 minutes. Ideally under 30 minutes. Even if you have the ability to burn longer movies.

It's just not fair to your audience. 30-40 minutes is a loooooong sit through home movies!

That said, burning your DVD files to a BluRay so that you can take advantage of the extra storage space isn't really a solution, since the final disc won't play on DVD players.

I urge you, unless your last name is Spielberg, keep your movies mercifully short. Your audience will thank you.

Besides, there's a reason it's called video "editing".
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
StevenG is right of course, about taking the audience into account, and BR not playing on DVD players etc.
Looking at your original question: the answer is yes. A Blu-ray or a double DVD may be the more handy solution depending on your circumstances.
Dave R [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote StevenG is right of course, about taking the audience into account, and BR not playing on DVD players etc.
Looking at your original question: the answer is yes. A Blu-ray or a double DVD may be the more handy solution depending on your circumstances.

Thanks for your replies guys. A blu ray disk is not a problem as I use a 3D blu ray player. The movie should be about 46 minutes but after production when I try to burn it to disk it says the file size is 13.5 Gig which I don't understand as previously I could burn it to a standard DVD in HD but then I added about 10 minutes of Gopro and tha is what made the size jump. I updated to Powerdirector 16 because my ealier version could not read Dolby sound from my new video camera.

I have found the cause of the very large file but cannot find any way to fix it. After running produce several times using SVRT (very slow process) there are still several areas that show video rendering required. Also from the last clip at 46 minutes upto 3hrs 5 mins it show video rendering required but there in no video or audio in this area and I can't get rid of it.

Problem solved by setting the range for production which took some finding in the instructions and the set points are very touchy. Thanks for all your help

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2018 03:41