Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can i pass a project made on the app to the desktop version?
@less@ndro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2018 14:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone, I'm new to PD and I love the android app. I would like to know if i'd buy the desktop version if i can pass to desktop - mobile easily without having to pass thought internet (very bad connection).
Thank you for yours reply.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone, I'm new to PD and I love the android app. I would like to know if i'd buy the desktop version if i can pass to desktop - mobile easily without having to pass thought internet (very bad connection).
If you can pack the project materials on your moble, then can transfer (via USB) the whole folder to the desktop, then you can transfer the project.

PDR Pack Project Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGyNWMIRdWk

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone, I'm new to PD and I love the android app. I would like to know if i'd buy the desktop version if i can pass to desktop - mobile easily without having to pass thought internet (very bad connection).

Hi,
To Export your project (the equivalent of Pack in the full desktop version) and import to the desktop version, you will have to use CyberLink Cloud. Depending on which version of desktop PowerDirector you purchase, you will get some free cloud storage, which needs to be redeemed before you can access it.

If you have a project on the mobile app :
Open your project >
Produce Video>
Scroll to Export Project to CyberLink Cloud.
Enter Login details
Export.

Open your desktop version:
File>Download from CyberLink Cloud>Select your project from the list>Download> choose location
When complete>Open> Choose whether or not to merge media library >project opens.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2018 10:26

@less@ndro [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for your reply, unfortunately I can't affor to upload everything on the cloud.
@less@ndro [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have another question, I didn't find the apposite space to discuss about the android app but I hope that someone could kindly help me.

I have this workflow rightnow. I put videos on my android phone direclty from my camera, I cut everything that I don't want to keep with the awesome Power Director app, I render the video from the app and I move the generated .mp4 file to my desktop workstation to do the real editing.
I would like to know if this could decrease in some way the quality of my videos compared to directly do all the editing from my desktop.

Thank you a lot.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to know if this could decrease in some way the quality of my
videos compared to directly do all the editing from my desktop.
With compressed video every time you render a video there is some loss to the quality. That is the nature of compression.

As to how much loss and if you can tell by looking at the rendered video, that is subjective.

It would be one less step if you used your desktop for everything, You could copy the camera file directly to Powerdirector on the desktop. That would be the best quality with the least number to times you re-render a video. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have another question, I didn't find the apposite space to discuss about the android app but I hope that someone could kindly help me.

I have this workflow rightnow. I put videos on my android phone direclty from my camera, I cut everything that I don't want to keep with the awesome Power Director app, I render the video from the app and I move the generated .mp4 file to my desktop workstation to do the real editing.
I would like to know if this could decrease in some way the quality of my videos compared to directly do all the editing from my desktop.

Thank you a lot.

Hi,

As far as I can judge, on a quick set of tests, if you produce your video to .mp4 and transfer it to your desktop system for further editing you can get SVRT to activate by making the appropriate custom profile.

So, check the mobile produced file properties with MediaInfo or similar, make a custom profile to match on your desktop system and SVRT should activate.

This will allow you to render further edits with a minimal re-encoding loss.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Timgood85 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2020 12:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I am trying to do this at the moment but have made a somewhat large project file - does anyone know if there is a limit to uploading a single project to the cloud from the app? My project is 4.5GB and failed - after a very long attempt. I am a 365 user - as of today - so should have 50GB of cloud storage.

Cheers,
Tim.
jkambber [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2018 07:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot. I will try your trick.

If you can pack the project materials on your moble, then can transfer (via USB) the whole folder to the desktop, then you can transfer the project.

PDR Pack Project Tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGyNWMIRdWk