Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
h264 video playback not supported
CM120884 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2017 12:25 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I just recently got Colordirector 6. I had a video in mp4 format that i was hoping to edit but when i went to upload, i got the message saying H264 video playback is not supported and that i would have to update. Update to what exactly? If anyone else has had this issue, were you able to fix it so that you could import an mp4 video?
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
H.264 defines many formats. Cyberlink does support only few of them.
Best results with: fixed frame rate, fixed bitrate, YUV4:2:0, 8Bit.
With any other format, there can be problems. So if you have footage from a more professional camera, that shoots in YUV4:2:2 or more) in 10Bit, than ColorDirector is not able to load that footage.
So try to convert your video clip prior to loading it to ColorDirector. Handbrake is the most recommended converter. And, unfortunately, you will loose color information...

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Hello CM120884,

Hatti has made some valid points & we need to find out more about the issue you're having. At face value, H.264 is an industry standard and there shouldn't be a problem.

Are you perhaps using the trial version of CDR6? If so, that's the issue. It has limitations the retail version does not:

• Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding

• Does not support 2K/4K resolution H.264 video

If that's not the problem, could you please let us know the source & properties of the clips causing the issue? Camera? Brand? Model? Recording settings?

You can use MediaInfo to generate a report on video properties. The more information we have, the better.

PIX PIX YouTube channel