Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo from a clip
John_Cyberlink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2018 09:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Is it possible to export a full size Photo from a video clip?

I know there is a possibility to get a snapshot from a video, however I would like to extract a full 4K photo from a clip.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Previously you would get different results, if I recall correctly, depending on where the image is when you grab a snapshot.
Library, main timeline, secondary timelines, Each may yield a different size image. I'm not sure that is true in the more recent versions of PD. I think you will get full resolution everywhere in PD16.
Be sure in Preferences>File tab, you have full resolution checked, if the choice is there.
A snapshot is a photo, so I'm not sure what the difference is for you.
Check the properties of the snapshot. I think the Library is the best safest bet. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Yes -- as mentioned above the results vary based on where you do the snapshot (still true in v16). Full-rez seems to be only available via the Library (and you may need file output set to PNG).

This is a very frustrating limitation as effects/fixes from the timeline cannot be output except at 1920x1080. Also frustrating because I work primarily on the timeline so it would be nice to be able to export full-rez from there and not be forced to go hunt down the clip in the library (which leads me to... why is there no "Find in Library" feature?!)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes -- as mentioned above the results vary based on where you do the snapshot (still true in v16). Full-rez seems to be only available via the Library (and you may need file output set to PNG).

This is a very frustrating limitation as effects/fixes from the timeline cannot be output except at 1920x1080. Also frustrating because I work primarily on the timeline so it would be nice to be able to export full-rez from there and not be forced to go hunt down the clip in the library (which leads me to... why is there no "Find in Library" feature?!)

Pretty complete discussion of snapshot issue here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50730.page#post_box_267348 CL indicated they'd reconsider the changes but nothing materialized yet. Your effects/fixes limitation you noted would have been convered under item 4.

Jeff