Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing Video fade out
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I had a fade in and a fade out on the video clip, and tweaked it a little. I didn't like the revised clip so wanted to delete the fades and leave them out, however they were grayed out in the edit image menu.

How can I delete them manually

thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you mean when you say the option was "grayed out." Are you working on the regulard timeline or in the slideshow creator or another workspace?

If you double-click the clip on your timeline, it should open in the Picture In Picture Designer, where you'll have access to keyframed animation for Opacity, which creates the fade in/out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2018 09:01

Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure what you mean when you say the option was "grayed out." Are you working on the regulard timeline or in the slideshow creator or another workspace?

If you double-click the clip on your timeline, it should open in the Picture In Picture Designer, where you'll have access to keyframed animation for Opacity, which creates the fade in/out.

Hi - on the timeline, when I right click the video clip and select edit image/video option - the fade in fade out option is greyed out
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
And what do you see when you double-click on the clip to open the PiP Designer, as I suggested?

Are there keyframes on the Opacity timeline?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Hi - on the timeline, when I right click the video clip and select edit image/video option - the fade in fade out option is greyed out

See if you have any edits in the video line in addition to the fade in / out (balls), if yes, disable Enable Fad-in and Fade-out.

Use Restore to Original Opacity Level

Do as StevenG showed, it's better because apart from applying fade in / out you can adjust the time with ease.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 21. 2018 09:34

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]

See if you have any edits in the video line in addition to the fade in / out (balls), if yes, disable Enable Fad-in and Fade-out.

Do as StevenG showed, it's better because apart from applying fade in / out you can adjust the time with ease.

Hi thats the point, I cannot disable them as they are greyed out - cheers
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Hi thats the point, I cannot disable them as they are greyed out - cheers

Right Clik on video, Edit Video/Image, Restore to Original Opacity Level XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both for your input - appreciated and I have learnt something new today