Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound Editing
strifemit [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 15, 2017 20:17 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
I have done what the manual suggested but am having a lot of issues with reducing sound. I have one piece that needs reducing. I eventually worked a fiddly work around to complete tthis project. But it took time. None of what the manual said worked. I used ctrl U but could make it stick at the lower level. All help appreciated.

PS if you can get closer to Customer Service than I can please give them a kick in the proverbial. There is a purchasing problem which they have failed to resolve so far and they don't seem interested in fixing it so I can upgrade. Their communication is snail pace and very frustrating.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe I did not understand your question.

The Ctrl + U volume control or speaker button is the output volume for speakers, there is no issue with editing.
To change the volume of a clip as a whole, in the timeline, drag the sound line up or down.
If you want to adjust the volume on specific parts of a clip, hold the Ctrl key while clicking the sound line, a white ball appears, drag to adjust to that position.

Another way to adjust, select the audio in the timeline, click the Keyframe button, in Volume you can make fine adjustments. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe I did not understand your question.

The Ctrl + U volume control or speaker button is the output volume for speakers, there is no issue with editing.
To change the volume of a clip as a whole, in the timeline, drag the sound line up or down.
If you want to adjust the volume on specific parts of a clip, hold the Ctrl key while clicking the sound line, a white ball appears, drag to adjust to that position.

Another way to adjust, select the audio in the timeline, click the Keyframe button, in Volume you can make fine adjustments.

Thank you. There is no line to move. I wanted to reduce the volume for one clip.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Does this happen with certain video or anyone?
See the image as it should be

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2018 09:27

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Does this happen with certain video or anyone?
See the image as it should be

Thank you. I think it maybe because I am using a lot of Video Collage on this one. Would that be the reason and is there anything I can do because there is audio.