Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Have somebody used Power Director to produce 360 videos with the GoPro Fusion?
OFELIA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2018 02:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to import video stitched by Fusion Studio into Powerdirector 16. Powerdirector is only getting the audio, no video.

However, the stitched video file, plays normally in the GoPro VR player.

The video was stitched in 4k, 3k and 2k with the H264 feature, since the maximum resolution supported by PD16 is 4K. The result file is a MOV file.

Any advice on how to get the footage to work in PD16 would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 01. 2018 02:29

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi OFELIA -

I don't have a GoPro Fusion, but I did grab some sample clips from here. Some were stitched and others not. There were two stitched clips - one was a Cineform .MOV & the other an H.264 .MP4

As you found, the Cineform .MOV plays audio only with the video showing as a white screen (?). The .MP4 I tested imports, plays back & edits as it should.

MediaInfo reports are attached.

On the basis of this article, it seems you can export from GoPro Studio in either Cineform or H.264.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Fusion MediaInfo.png]
 Filename
Fusion MediaInfo.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again OFELIA -

I've confirmed the above using the GoPro Fusion Studio app.

When your video is in the Render Queue, click on it to set the output options:

Choosing H.264 will render an MP4 file. Selecting Cineform 422 High or ProRes 422 will render MOVs (at least 4x the file size of the MP4).

Rendered as H.264 MP4, the stitched video plays back & edits correctly in PDR. Rendered as Cineform or ProRes MOV, it won't work properly in PDR even though it plays back properly in GoPro VR Player.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!