Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cut / Paste
BrianMitchell108 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 07:27 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I made a video some time ago using Powerdirector (14 or 15). the first 2/3 is mostly stills. The last 1/3 videos (some from youtube). I wanted to update the video by changing a number of slides (easy enough to do) and keep the last 1/3 more or less without change. I started the project anew putting in the photos and simple fade transitions. The last 1/3 I just wanted to cut from the old edit line and paste it into the new edit line, but it doesn't seem to work. The videos originally were 'cut' so I only used maybe 20 seconds of each video. But after cutting and pasting I get blank video in the new edit line. Any reasons for that?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I made a video some time ago using Powerdirector (14 or 15). the first 2/3 is mostly stills. The last 1/3 videos (some from youtube). I wanted to update the video by changing a number of slides (easy enough to do) and keep the last 1/3 more or less without change. I started the project anew putting in the photos and simple fade transitions. The last 1/3 I just wanted to cut from the old edit line and paste it into the new edit line, but it doesn't seem to work. The videos originally were 'cut' so I only used maybe 20 seconds of each video. But after cutting and pasting I get blank video in the new edit line. Any reasons for that?

Hi Brian

It sounds like you are trying to copy material from the old PDS file. The original material clips in that PDS file have to be available for PowerDirector to use. A PDS file is a text file and stores no images, it only tells PD where to find them. If they have been removed, or are in a different place you will need to replace them. If you cant find them, you may be able to open the PDS file in Notepad and see the location.

Other than that, you will need to copy the "produced" version of the project if you want to use those clips

I hope this helps you Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I made a video some time ago using Powerdirector (14 or 15). the first 2/3 is mostly stills. The last 1/3 videos (some from youtube). I wanted to update the video by changing a number of slides (easy enough to do) and keep the last 1/3 more or less without change. I started the project anew putting in the photos and simple fade transitions. The last 1/3 I just wanted to cut from the old edit line and paste it into the new edit line, but it doesn't seem to work. The videos originally were 'cut' so I only used maybe 20 seconds of each video. But after cutting and pasting I get blank video in the new edit line. Any reasons for that?

I'm not sure if there's anything to do with your case.
It happened to me, but it is rare, after a cut the video disappears or after deleting part of the video it is still there, the solution for me in the 2 cases, save the project and reopen it, returned without problems. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365