Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 8 Ultra Crashes with Update 3017
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 00:55 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
When I install the update for PowerDVD 8 Ultra to patch 3017 in Windows Vista 32-bit. It crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. I've had to revert back to patch 2815 to get it to run.
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2007 06:38 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Seems you're not alone Dave. I just patched up to 3017 and it crashes on open. I'm running it on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit RTM.
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 00:55 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
The response from tech support was this:

"Download the full version we have provided in the link (version 2521) and do not run any updates..."

Basically, the patch is busted and they say don't run any patches. I say they should fix the patch or offer me a discounted upgrade to a working product.

I'm not cheap, but if they can't patch version 8 properly, they why don't they upgrade their customers like Symantec does. I've purchased half a dozen programs from Cyberlink. It will be the last one if they are unable to provide a satisfactory tech support response.

Steven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2009 19:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
still no decent fix for this, next time im gonna look into another blu-ray player like windvd or some cheap one