Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to stop fade-in/out of images inserted in chapter menu
BigKahuna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2018 17:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I admit I am still learning my way around PD16 and I found two related posts, however either I didn’t understand or my issue is different.
I created a menu (root and chapter). The Titles/Chapter menu is “text only” because the thumbnails don’t work properly (the image is a small cut of the selection frame). Therefore I inserted images using “add image” and positioned them over the chapter text.
When I use “preview”, having composed content for a CD, the inserted images fade in and out and the background music repeats after about 15 seconds.
1. How can I stop the fading in and out?
2. How can I prolong the restart of the music?
[Post New]
I've experienced the exact same problem using PD 16. I couldn't find a way to fix it, but ... I found a way around it. I create a whole new menu, from scratch using the "Create menu" option. I only include a single background photo, a title, and a "play" button. When I do the preview, the fade-in and fade-out is NOT present. Hope this helps.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]

1. Highlight the image. Click the Change object properties button. Fades should be enabled by default. Uncheck Fades.

2. PD Toots Tutorial is a good one to start with.

[Post New]
Thanks for your suggestion. That suggestion works perfectly when I'm in the "edit" section of PD 16. However, when I'm in the "Create Disc>Menu Preferences>Menu Designer or Modify Menu" section, when I click on the photo, I cannot highlight it, and, the Object Properties Box does not appear. Any ideas??? Thanks again for your help. I'll look at the PD Toots Tutorial too. RND
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Rojo – I was answering BigKahuna. Did not realize that his post was 6 months old or I would not have replied. He was using Add Image for his chapter thumbnails. My answer is correct for that. It is not an answer for photo like in PiP designer that you are suggesting or in Replace background image in a menu which is totally different and cannot be highlighted. Not for photos!