Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Muxer can't keep muxing ???
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm evaluating PowerDirector 8 in order to see whether the subtitles have been fixed...
The problem is I can't produce any DVD.
I have set a 15 minute video with just 4 subtitles in it.

Each time I try to burn a DVD it ends at 99% (in the burning dialog box) with this message:
Burning unsuccessful.
Possible cause:
The pack queue is empty. That causes Muxer can't keep muxing

Any idea ?

I have restarted the PC, no change.

For info: I installed PowerDirector 8 in a separate directory. I have PowerDirector 7 installed (registered version). Don't know whether this conflicts between the two versions (even though they are physically totally separated).

Thanks for any help.

Windows XP Pro SP3 (3GB RAM)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2009 07:33

Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Mhhh... seems that when burning to a folder, it is incomplete as well.

I just tried with a very small 2min project and this one worked.
A 5min failed totally. Very strange.

I will fully uninstalle PD8 as well as PD7 which I had in another directory.
Wanting to try PD8 I installed it in parallel. Maybe some problems are due to this configuration.

Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2010 12:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I had an older version of PowerDirector that worked great, but when I "upgraded" to PowerDirector8 I could no longer burn a DVD. I too got that strange and grammatically incorrect error message, "The pack queue is empty. That causes Muxer can't keep muxing." Does anyone know what muxing is? I have two DVD burners, and get the same message on both. PowerDirector8 also frequently crashes, so you better save your work often. I am waiting for a reply for Cyberlink Customer Service, who assured me that all the early bugs were worked out of the program before I bought 8.
JOYCE A [Avatar]
[Post New]
FYI, I totally uninstalled my older version of PowerDirector before installing PowerDirector 8 and I still get that strange error message. The annoying thing is that I was perectly happy with my old version, but they convinced me I would be happier with 8. I'm not.
sjordi
[Post New]
I erratically get this problem but it seems it's only with DVD+ media.
Finally I had other problems with DVD+ which are not fully compatible with SONY players (they skip the first 20 seconds, a lot of users have the same problem with DVD+ on Sony players) so I got back to burn only DVD- disks and never had any problem anymore.

I don't know with Double Layers (only DVD+) and Blue Ray though. __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
JOYCE A [Avatar]
[Post New]
sjordi, I didn't know you can use either DVD+ or DVD- on any burner. I thought they only used one or the other. In my old version of PowerDirector I used DVD+ in the F Drive and had no problem. I have since bought a newer, faster LG Burner Drive, but it hasn't worked with DVD+ discs in either drive. How can you tell if a burner will use DVD- ? This is how my two burners are labled:
The new LG on E: HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GH22NP 202.00
The old one is F: TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E D.ON
sjordi
[Post New]
Mhh,
I had a utility giving the specs of the dvd drives but don't seem to be able to find it.
You still can search databases like http://www.videohelp.com
You'll see that the TEAC writes only DVD+, not DVD-

I'm pretty surprised as today's drives usually write about everything, DVD+, DVD-, DVD+DL, even DVD-RAM __________________
Steve JORDI
JOYCE A [Avatar]
[Post New]
Steve,
Were you ever able to burn a DVD with PowerDirector 8? After ten days of back-and-forth with Cyberlink Tech Support, I still get the error message about Muxing. I can't burn to a file either. I also can't produce in Mpg 1 and Mpg 2 formats. I am ready to demand my money back.
sjordi
[Post New]
That's strange,
I don't remember why I wasn't able to burn. Now I have absolutely no problems at all with all the right patches.
Maybe it's the video files themselves that have a problem?
What you can do is make a copy of your video source and convert it to another format using something like handbrake.
Say you have avi files, convert them to mpg or wmv

Then create a new project using those files in PD8 and try to generate the project by burning to a folder. If this works, then burn it to a DVD media.
Does it change anything? __________________
Steve JORDI
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

I had that 99% error recently, but with producing not burning. It didn't matter what format I tried, I got the same thing. I ended up doing a complete uninstall/re-install. That fixed it.

It would be well worth carry out these tests - copied from http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

PART H
DVD write tests for PD - to assess displayed error issues.
Test 1.

Open PD
Place in the Video time-line PD8 sample.mpg - do this 3 times
Go to > Create disc
Accept all default settings
Select > Create to Folder and browse for a location
Untick > Burn to Disc
Click "Burn icon"

Note the results - submit the results on your forum posting.

Test 2.
Open PD
Place in the Video time-line PD8 sample.mpg - do this 3 times
Go to > Create disc
Accept all default settings
Select > Burn to Disc
Blank DVD in drive
Click "Burn icon"

Note the results - submit the results on your forum posting.

Tests are used to localise and to check issues - this test checks your DVD writer and the PC

Muxing means multiplexing - which is putting different streams of the video into one single file. Demuxing is the opposite of that.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!