Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible to change slideshow image duration?
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to set the duration of each image in a slideshow? Via Tools I set image default length to be 2 seconds, drag all imported images to timeline, and they default to 2s good. Make a slideshow of the lot, using style "normal" finish creating one clip of the whole lot - image duration now approx 3-4 seconds.

No changes to image duration or transition length seems to have any effect on the resultant video length and image duration.

This is either a bug / shortcoming / or I'm missing something

Please help

Alan.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible to set the duration of each image in a slideshow? Via Tools I set image default length to be 2 seconds, drag all imported images to timeline, and they default to 2s good. Make a slideshow of the lot, using style "normal" finish creating one clip of the whole lot - image duration now approx 3-4 seconds.

No changes to image duration or transition length seems to have any effect on the resultant video length and image duration.

This is either a bug / shortcoming / or I'm missing something

Please help

Alan.

Hi Alan

If you use the "Motion" slideshow you can set each individual duration. Once Motion is selected, on the next screen is "customize" here you can change durations as you want.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Alan

If you use the "Motion" slideshow you can set each individual duration. Once Motion is selected, on the next screen is "customize" here you can change durations as you want.

Robert

Wow - I use PD16 quite a bit but for a fairly limited range of operations which it does very well at. Tend to spend more time getting good shots rather than playing with the end result. You guessed it - I never even know you could do what you just suggested - absolutely mind blowing level of manipulative control. Thank you.

I did before your reply work out that I get quite a nice result using the transition rooms functions of inserting transitions between all the photos with a degree of control - like totally random - selections based on your favourites - or plain fade. But the photo duration is under total control - even having individual durations should you desire.

But thanks for your input - thats a whole new world out there to explore when time permits - this project was necessarily brief for speed.

Alan.